I hope to God Brickadia is not most Blockland players choice as a successor

Author Topic: I hope to God Brickadia is not most Blockland players choice as a successor  (Read 23394 times)

i myself and others publicly criticize literally everything about the game in their discord despite helping working on it. what are you even talking about?
im talking about public criticism about the moderation

is he wrong though?
he literally hasnt even said anything how can he be right or wrong

sure the gameplay is quite good, and it looks quite nice but it's like the worst parts of the political spectrum just mashed into one and that's called the community. it's like blockland is a hard-right and brickadia is like a hard-left, both pretty undesirable except brickadia would be considered socially acceptable to most people.

Gameplay is good.
Thats all that matters. Politics really dont matter unless you are actively discussing it with them.

sure the gameplay is quite good, and it looks quite nice but it's like the worst parts of the political spectrum just mashed into one and that's called the community. it's like blockland is a hard-right and brickadia is like a hard-left, both pretty undesirable except brickadia would be considered socially acceptable to most people.

i have your love tape mr hogan

the current brickadia doesnt really compare since its lacking vehicles, add-ons and events, right?
even then it seems like the devs are focused on adding built-in weapons / avatar options than implementing barebones systems for both and letting the community produce the rest

if it does end up being that way, then yea i dont see brickadia so much as a successor than its own game that branched off as a result of players wanting to replicate blockland, but couldn't capture the same essence

stop using the community as the only arguement point

heres fax about brickadia
- good building, you literally build anything, literally only positive but it doesnt make the game a sandbox it makes it a lego game

- no modding support, "was confirmed" but quickly thrown out, including with their road map (you can instantly tell modding will be a huge pain in the ass especially with the choice of unreal as the engine)
          - btw the dev/s shat on unity like a bunch of lunatics without giving a coherent reason why "its bad"
- past few updates was nothing to improve sandbox features, only more guns, melee, environment effects and cosmetics
          - this doesnt make the gameplay "good", sure the guns are satisfying to use, but that shouldnt be the damn focus, it should be making the game a true sandbox game and adding such features as an after thought. of course some guns, some basic customizaiton, etc is fine for basic testing. but the damn game is an alpha, not even at beta or retail
- "events system" leaked, its literally scratch events, i dont loving know if this is even remotely a good idea or not but its redundant when we already know a system that can be powerful and expanded on (cough blockland events?)
- restricted servers, you cant host what you want because hosting honor students is banned, not that honor student servers are good but this restriction to begin with is just aids, and fact you get shadow banned by the brickadia moderation/devs its also garbage
- development team has their heads up their asses or something, not only the dev members are sketchy as stuff with bias to one and the other (creep dev) but they cant get anything done to make brickadia into a sandbox game

- oh yeah and the community is 90% blockland deniers

so yeah, honestly to god, hope it isnt a successor

- "events system" leaked, its literally scratch events
wait really? where is the leak?

wait really? where is the leak?

brickadia are trying their best to wipe this stuff off the face of the internet

The fact they've integrated their community so greatly with discord kind of precludes having the same 'magic' of early blockland. You never had to give anyone your phone number to get an early BL account. You could create alts so long as your have badspot his $10 or whatever. Arguments of all severities we're settled on the forums without mod intervention. Literally any server was okay, once again the mods didn't care.

None of this means it can't be successful as a modern game though. The lack of modding is the main issue there.

even then it seems like the devs are focused on adding built-in weapons / avatar options than implementing barebones systems for both and letting the community produce the rest
not even the case at all. the only reason you think that is because the people who are actually working on the games inner mechanics (zeblote and port) are not the same people who are making weapons. it takes much longer to get those mechanics working than it does to make weapons because those weapon mechanics are already in the game and working. not every developer on the team knows how to play every role.
i dont know why people keep thinking "they just keep adding more weapons and nothing else" when its blatantly obvious other stuff is being worked on.

brickadia are trying their best to wipe this stuff off the face of the internet

[img/ ]https://forum.blockland.us/https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/559122371349446676/911038327736655932/unknown-58.jpg[/img]
i would hardly even call this a leak when they officially established that this is what behaviors would look like anyways

i would hardly even call this a leak when they officially established that this is what behaviors would look like anyways

bunch of people are still unaware of it

yeah and a bunch of people are still unaware that my left testicle hangs lower than my right but if they wanted to know that they'd check my LinkedIn page