I hope to God Brickadia is not most Blockland players choice as a successor

Author Topic: I hope to God Brickadia is not most Blockland players choice as a successor  (Read 23429 times)

[img ]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/559122371349446676/911038327736655932/unknown-58.jpg[/img]
cewl. probably just a mock up though

- "events system" leaked, its literally scratch events, i dont loving know if this is even remotely a good idea or not but its redundant when we already know a system that can be powerful and expanded on (cough blockland events?)
brickadia are trying their best to wipe this stuff off the face of the internet

as opposed to..... just loving typing it all out?? because a scratch-like system with event blocks somehow.... is bad? because?? reasons??? do you understand that doing it this way makes it extremely easy for non-programmers to pickup and get things done without having to learn an entire coding syntax/command list, while still being able to make complex scripts? and you're actually comparing this image to the STOCK blockland event system, where the most complex thing people usually make is make a brick change color/disappear after clicking.. this is quite literally a more powerful and expanded upon event system. have you ever programmed a single thing in your entire life?

i don't care about the rest of brickadia drama but this one point in particular got my blood boiling
« Last Edit: November 18, 2021, 09:03:33 PM by Awesomebread² »

im cool with that for an events equivalent but I also want actual mod support lol. there is literally no point in playing a sandbox game that doesn't facilitate the usage of mods

- oh yeah and the community is 90% blockland deniers
This stuff pisses me off to no loving end, everyone is up in there with their "there is no war in Ba Sing Se" bullstuff. Not just brickadia, but the Blockland Content Creators discord literally changed their name to BCC Content Creators and the B doesn't stand for Blockland anymore, but nobody seems to know what it does stand for. But it's 100% not Blockland. Like Blockland is some filthy word you're not allowed to say because the guy that you paid 15 usd to in 2009 doesn't update it anymore making it terrible or something.

brickadia are trying their best to wipe this stuff off the face of the internet

This looks leagues better than what Blockland has.

have you ever programmed a single thing in your entire life?

imagine making some decent arguement points only to make the most handicapped response at the end

disregard anything you say at this point

it's like you don't want a game to die, but you try to make a spiritual successor and then give the game it's based off of a bad taste because you couldn't keep it active by hosting a forgetton of the already functional gamemodes that keep it going

as opposed to..... just loving typing it all out?? because a scratch-like system with event blocks somehow.... is bad? because?? reasons??? do you understand that doing it this way makes it extremely easy for non-programmers to pickup and get things done without having to learn an entire coding syntax/command list, while still being able to make complex scripts?

There's a fundamental flaw with the idea behind scratch which is that syntax is infinitely more trivial than understanding logic and solving complex problems, which encourages people to just slap stuff together like lego and pump out utterly useless logic. It's useful for getting kids interested in the idea of programming but it's not actually a useful tool for programmers.

Obviously they'll have a way to convert between baby megablocks visual coding and regular code, because that would be trivial compared to creating an entire language within ue4 runtime and integrating it with every single game system (this sounds like a nightmare but you gotta do what you gotta do for those really really awesome UE4 Screen Ambient Space Ray Occlusion Spherical Tracing Aberration Volumetric Reflection Real Time Floating Point lego graphics) and after that it will be easy to just load those scripts from a file into the game for easy distribution.

I still wouldn't really call this modding though because you've just been given metered access to game behaviors and you're not actually "modifying" the game. Until it's able to support things like classes and inheritance and polymorphism it really is just fancy events, and don't get me wrong that's very impressive on it's own. But I'd be more interested to see how they are handling things like arbitrarily putting new assets models and sounds into the game, replacing existing assets, ect. Blockland was REALLY good at this once port distributed a solution for dts. I imagine this is where the Epic™ Games®™ Epic™ Launcher® People's™ Democratic Engine™® 4™ (50000 Tb) thing is going to come into play

scratch sucks though they should implement something like intellisense

- restricted servers, you cant host what you want because hosting honor students is banned
they should have some kind of "mature content" setting where you can mark your server as "not for little babies" which will allow you to host what you want and enable voice chat

they should have some kind of "mature content" setting where you can mark your server as "not for little babies" which will allow you to host what you want and enable voice chat

they should but they dont want "mature content"

oh yeah i totally agree with what you're saying here. not trying to argue this is a replacement for modding, cause obviously it isn't. i was more going after the post which described the existence of a coding block system as being bad for vague reasons, in addition to implying the blockland event system was somehow superior.

i don't think modding support and events are mutually exclusive though.

This stuff pisses me off to no loving end, everyone is up in there with their "there is no war in Ba Sing Se" bullstuff. Not just brickadia, but the Blockland Content Creators discord literally changed their name to BCC Content Creators and the B doesn't stand for Blockland anymore, but nobody seems to know what it does stand for. But it's 100% not Blockland. Like Blockland is some filthy word you're not allowed to say because the guy that you paid 15 usd to in 2009 doesn't update it anymore making it terrible or something.
we rebranded the bcc cause over half the people in there dont play blockland anymore, so we jokingly went the "gnu not unix" recursive acronym route, not because we hate blockland or something

brickadia is bad because it does not have me. this is the only response this thread needed

what the forget is brickadia even. i was gone when it first popped up and missed most of the big drama. i've read up on it and i get the gist of it, but i feel so out of loop with all the stuff-flinging going around. like how do two different lego games devolve into culture war

what the forget is brickadia even. i was gone when it first popped up and missed most of the big drama. i've read up on it and i get the gist of it, but i feel so out of loop with all the stuff-flinging going around. like how do two different lego games devolve into culture war
going from 0 moderation to a normal amount of it gives people here whiplash because they don't know that other large communities don't think it's funny when you say the n word 241 times