i bought a house

Author Topic: i bought a house  (Read 1459 times)

I am 22 and bought my first house. 2 bed 1 bath for around $200,000.... and unfortunately that is a good price for my area.

what do i need to do now? like I will call the electric company and put the electricity in my name, I will have garbage pickup once a week, and I will need to establish internet.

anything else i'm not thinking of?

No natural gas piped in? Your water heater is electric?
Other than that I think you stated everything.
Congrats on the house and my condolences on the price.

Tinker with the gas pipes and see how many homes on the same line you can blow up

Crook that’s illegal and very difficult for those new to the topic. Not worth it IMO.

epic dude!! congratulations. ive been looking at houses, i estimate 300,000 for the one I want. given that its on a mountain, very secluded, with two steps away from being totally off-grid, i can kind of sympathize with the price point. 

are you in a neighborhood? any sizable amount of land to speak of?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2021, 12:49:50 PM by mod-man »

No natural gas piped in? Your water heater is electric?
Other than that I think you stated everything.
Congrats on the house and my condolences on the price.

I have a natural gas fireplace. House is oil heated (sigh) but the oil thing itself is quite new. House is small enough though, so its not too expensive to heat. Electric water heater I think.
I'm having an inspection on it done but from what myself and my father can tell, pretty much every appliance besides washer/dryer is almost brand new. Roof has been redone within the last 5 years or so, and the house siding looks like it was redone within the past 2 or so.

epic dude!! congratulations. ive been looking at houses, i estimate 300,000 for the one I want. given that its on a mountain, very secluded, with two steps away from being totally off-grid, i can kind of sympathize with the price point. 

are you in a neighborhood? any sizable amount of land to speak of?
Yeah im in a quiet neighborhood at the end of the street. Only traffic is neighbors and the mailman. Its got a pretty large back yard with a little shed n stuff. Massive oak tree in the back yard that looks super nice. Lot of acorns though.

House is detached so I can make as much noise as I want without upsetting neighbors

Oil heat is pretty good if you maintain it. If your house is well insulated as well you shouldn't have to worry about expensive heating bills. Hopefully you live in a cool enough climate for the summer though.

I am 22 and bought my first house. 2 bed 1 bath for around $200,000.... and unfortunately that is a good price for my area.

what do i need to do now? like I will call the electric company and put the electricity in my name, I will have garbage pickup once a week, and I will need to establish internet.

anything else i'm not thinking of?

Musts:
Home Owner's Insurance.

Avoid cable, ISPs who only sell internet are your best option if you have them in your area.

VPN for said internet, seriously.

Recommendations:

Security System

A Welcome Mat

A Flag Mount and Flag of choice, I guess.

hey, congrats!!

don't forget a doorbell camera or some sort of home surveillance system, you never know when it might come in handy even if you're in a good neighborhood

Yep doorbell cam was something I definitely want.

lawn care stuff unless ur paying someone to do it

lawn care stuff unless ur paying someone to do it
You take care of your lawn?

You are quite lucky Kenny. My lawn died ages ago