Author Topic: [DLL] Blockland Browser rerelease | Beta Build 2  (Read 5000 times)

Blockland Browser Re-release
I've decided to again work on the original concept of Blockland Browser, in the future planning to add more feature support.
Code based off of BLBrowser^2 by Metario

With this release there's a new installer tool to help simplify installation and make updates easier.
Downloads can be found in the links section.

Pictures

Installation tool, select your Blockland installation folder then select the targeted version. By default the latest build should be selected.
After selection with a valid Blockland directory it'll check the hash of your files to the files on the server, if it doesn't match it'll be marked to install.

Server Support
The most noticeable change in this release is that the texture doesn't automatically get bound by default.
Instead the server can use commandToClient(%client, 'BLB_bindToTexture', "queryString"); to tell the client what texture to bind to.
An example usage below
Code: [Select]
commandToClient(%client, 'BLB_bindToTexture', "Add-ons/Print_Cinema/Prints/Screen");If the client successfully binds to the texture through this method it'll send to the server BLB_bindCallback with a true value, otherwise it'll send false.
Additionally when the URL changes on a client it'll send to the server the change, making it possible to sync pages to all clients.
It does this via
Code: [Select]
function BLB_OnUrlRequest(%url){if(!$BLB::DoNotSendUrls)commandToServer('BLB_UrlRequest', %url);}
This version supports and translates all previous functions that BLBrowser^2 uses and includes its own.

The URL has changed from previous version of the DLL for the youtube player, you should now use https://pah1023.github.io/index-old.html?videoid=<VideoID>&start=<StartOffset>

Planned features
  • Custom class for browser objects, allowing GUI support
  • Interfacing CEF's V8 engine with Torque, allowing callbacks to be able to be sent to the server, making it possible to have webpages interact with the server. Similar concept to the OK/Cancel dialogs.

Updates

• (Beta) Initial release
  • (Beta) Fixed autoplay issue.
Links
« Last Edit: December 01, 2021, 12:51:31 PM by Pah1023 »

really a amazing feat. Thanks for releasing this!

is CefClient meant to do something? I have no idea what I'm doing in the first place but I figured it would load the game or something.

is CefClient meant to do something? I have no idea what I'm doing in the first place but I figured it would load the game or something.
It's required to be ran as a subprocess by the dll, it just goes into the Blockland directory