Preemptive New Years 2023 Discussion

Poll

Would you prefer a brand new map, an expanded map, or something in between?

Brand new, scrap the older builds
10 (35.7%)
Expand on the current, giving time to focus on detail
9 (32.1%)
Something in between
9 (32.1%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Author Topic: Preemptive New Years 2023 Discussion  (Read 3624 times)

We're doing it this year and help is welcome! Any suggestions?

Right now our current ideas are:
  • Expand and revamp the old 2018 build, over 50k bricks have been added since its original release, entire streets have been added and major revamps have been done. (Not for sure though, maybe sometime eventually). On this idea though, over 20 new shops have been added, entire complexes, and unseen stuff. As why it was never released. It'd be like a New Years ultimate with ideas focused directly on content with our allotted time.
  • Scrap the idea and start with an entirely new map.
Or somewhere in between. Maybe incorporate unseen additions into a new build.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2022, 02:45:34 PM by New Years »

new years went to new years to participate in new years to pre emptively plan for the new year that new years will be planning.

idk maybe like get more players than last new years.

• since its original release.

since when did the build get released? or do you mean first hosted? I only remember when all that was planned but nothing went through fruition from what I could find on the forums.

can you add a mario playertype

can you add the muffle soft-mute from pecon's 2021 server

can you add the muffle soft-mute from pecon's 2021 server
done

I don't know how you could even compete with this.

Honestly the ultimate 2018 map would be pretty dope. Most people come up here for nostalgia anyways, so why not revisit a past map and improve it?

not sure who owns the other new years key currently but if you need one ill shoot you the account for hosting

I don't know how you could even compete with this.
Done. Added the E-tard filter

on a more serious note id just go with a new map while using some old map assets. people liked 2020’s new year map a lot so theres a lot of potential in taking a not-city based approach so more bizarre things can be put in. 2018’s? map being city based kind of restricts putting in random stuff

and btw id love to help

please do not make a labyrinth like 2020

the build was colossal and there were many details to appreciate but it took me 40 minutes to find any given area where some event or group was happening let alone try and meet up with friends

please do not make a labyrinth like 2020

the build was colossal and there were many details to appreciate but it took me 40 minutes to find any given area where some event or group was happening let alone try and meet up with friends
I think that the build was really well made and I wanna see a map like that again. Maybe to fix that problem they should add in a map and what the certain areas are called so that it can make finding people easier.