Author Topic: worries and thoughts  (Read 6202 times)

Sometimes I get worried about the lack of attention towards original and creative ideas. The way that things are going media-wise and marketing-wise seem to cater towards clean cut content that fits a standard template of what corporate America considers "good." Take for instance the over-saturation of corporate memphis and minimalism.

I miss the earlier days of the Internet where things were a bit clunkier, but you can tell that content was generated by users from the grassroots and originality was really kicking up across the board. Sometimes I worry about us never being able to return to such a golden age of original ideas and creativity.
this probably isn't exactly what you had in mind, but you might want to get into reading fiction more (if you aren't already). In my experience there's a ton of creative and distinct ideas being used today, moreso than in other kinds of entertainment (videogames, movies, etc). I don't know exactly why, maybe it's because stories can do pretty much anything they want through simple text, as opposed to movies/games that can only include things that the studio is capable of actually making?

this probably isn't exactly what you had in mind, but you might want to get into reading fiction more (if you aren't already). In my experience there's a ton of creative and distinct ideas being used today, moreso than in other kinds of entertainment (videogames, movies, etc). I don't know exactly why, maybe it's because stories can do pretty much anything they want through simple text, as opposed to movies/games that can only include things that the studio is capable of actually making?
It seems like indie genres are the ideal place to get your fix on original content. I've seen some beautiful short films and heard some fantastic music through independent creators. But I agree, I think that brushing up on some fiction would do me a great service too

theres some people ive reached out to from my past, people ive ended on good terms with, some bad terms, some simply stop talking.

whats always the same is that they do not respond back

I'm worried you clowns will still be using this last bastion of greco-roman-esque public communication when society collapses in the next 6 years.

I'm worried that even if I get a good handle on my internal/personal struggles, it won't matter anymore by then because my country will have grown too dangerous for me to survive. I'm worried that as soon as I start recovering from the dark place I've been clawing my way out of, the increasingly hostile sociopolitical landscape surrounding me will just kill me instead. stuff's been scary.

I know it's irrational for me to let that possibility bother me because 1.) I'm already doing everything I can do about a problem that's way bigger than me, and 2.) worrying about it in the meantime creates more problems than it solves.

But if I'm being honest, the only thing that probably scares me more than death is the idea that I didn't die until I'd finally found something to live for. All that effort gone to waste, and right as I start getting attached. Lol

this is incredible advice, i've recently been abusing my library card pretty hard and getting into horror fiction and theres nothing like it

it stimulates the creative brain as well so it gives me new ideas for what i want to work on

CAD drafting. I'm now an electrical drafter.
is that related to autoCAD

yea autocad is used for more than just architecture