opinion on #shorts?

Author Topic: opinion on #shorts?  (Read 1541 times)

Im jumping on the shorts trend on youtube

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLb7bXOrvMcsFjDUNne7l7K7-XngFa634I

so they are just vertical format videos of stuff I already had in their proper resolution I guess this is what's big now lol

without them i suppose i would just be walking around in my undies. so they're alright

Youtube shorts is just stufftier, less stable TikTok.

Although they probably aren't spying on you as much as the CCP.

They're most definitely still spying tho, they're also crashing lmao.

Shorts never crashed for me? How is it less stable?
Also theyre both spying on you and selling it to highest bidder which will always be china or/and the us gov

they suck ass on mobile. they pop up with regular videos in search results and the gui functionality is completely different for no reason

they shouldnt be included with regular uploads because it pisses off your subscribers

Annoying, pointless, trend-chasing, and another symptom of YouTube's out of touch administration. Tik-Tok is bad, YouTube Shorts are a pale imitation of something that's already bad.

theyre annoying to close on mobile

The whole "shorts" trend (regardless if on YouTube, TikTok, Instagram, etc) are just another symptom of a much deeper problem in society whose attention span continues to shorten. Pro-tip: Just take a time off from all social media, computer, etc. for a week. This is almost equivalent to a spiritual awakening these days. Regarding the opinion on #shorts in general:

Annoying, pointless, trend-chasing, and another symptom of YouTube's out of touch administration. Tik-Tok is bad, YouTube Shorts are a pale imitation of something that's already bad.
This pretty much sums it up. From the information POV: I'm not against the concept of summarizing and minimalizing simple things that don't need to be overcomplicated for no reason. It's the typical "google" syndrome, that I've witnessed in others. If, say, you have an argument with someone, I've witnessed people quickly opening up their favorite search engine, typing in the supposed fact to look for, and then proudly announce that I was wrong by reading a simple short statement that seems to confirm their bias without even bothering to read the rest. By looking closer however (aka the details), the answer became a lot more relative and not so confirmative as my opponent thought it was.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2022, 08:27:47 AM by Cajetan² »

they're very effective at picking up new subs, so i say use it and abuse it

i hate that theres no goddamn timeline to scrub
why on earth do modern social media platforms do away with video timelines please i just want to go back a few seconds without having to watch the whole loving thing

i hate that theres no goddamn timeline to scrub
why on earth do modern social media platforms do away with video timelines please i just want to go back a few seconds without having to watch the whole loving thing
they also hate embeds with volume sliders

Although they probably aren't spying on you as much as the CCP.

They're most definitely still spying tho, they're also crashing lmao.
i feel like instagram reels are a better clone of tiktok

I hate Instagram reels I hate Instagram reels I hate Instagram reels