A Final Plea to Fix Blockland

Author Topic: A Final Plea to Fix Blockland  (Read 11119 times)

It's also a nightmare to find addons that are only on the forums since the search feature loving sucks ass. When I finish my current semester of college I might spend the summer making a website or forum post to serve as a repository of Addons on the forums since Glass is sort of its own thing and isn't exactly the best source of addons from pre-2019. I'd just give a short description + the forum link
« Last Edit: April 08, 2022, 11:56:05 AM by Nigel The Protagonist »

It's also a nightmare to find addons that are only on the forums since the search feature loving sucks ass. When I finish my current semester of college I might spend the summer making a website or forum post to serve as a repository of Addons on the forums since Glass is sort of its own thing and isn't exactly the best source of addons from pre-2019. I'd just give a short description + the forum link
Should also mention Kenko's add-on archive just to refresh people's memory of it's existence

i dont think badspot has read this forum since 2011 homie this thread is falling on deaf ears

i dont think badspot has read this forum since 2011 homie this thread is falling on deaf ears
Fuzztoast was banned

This game is from the 2000's era of Half-Life 2 mod, forum-centric PC gaming and has not been updated to accommodate the vast changes in the landscape since, past the 2012 shaders/game mode update. What was once a near-competitor to the likes of Roblox and Gmod in the late 2000's/early 2010's is now further behind both than thought imaginable and I wish Mr. Eric Hartman would at least make the game open-source to allow someone who genuinely cares to take the helm and push BL towards modernity but that is never going to happen

:cookieMonster:

I've said it before and I'll say it again you would have an unimaginably easier time starting from scratch than you would trying to "modernize" blockland. if that's what you want, just do it. complaining about badspot not making it open source is just making excuses for your own inaction

I've said it before and I'll say it again you would have an unimaginably easier time starting from scratch than you would trying to "modernize" blockland. if that's what you want, just do it. complaining about badspot not making it open source is just making excuses for your own inaction
challenge accepted

I just want a Blockland on Torque 3D, no new and different fancy engine, just the same engine, essentially, but with new stuff to play with

i too cannot let go of my childhood and demand someone appease me

i too cannot let go of my childhood and demand someone appease me
Hank likes the gnome!

you would have an unimaginably easier time starting from scratch than you would trying to "modernize" blockland.
isnt that what brickadia is

you'd think it'd be easier for them :I

they're not remaking blockland they're doing something different. it has little in common with this game other than you build with lego blocks. and they aren't making it any easier on themselves by trying to come up with their very own visual programming language just for the game. but I've complained enough about that particular subject. so no more

they're not remaking blockland they're doing something different. it has little in common with this game other than you build with lego blocks. and they aren't making it any easier on themselves by trying to come up with their very own visual programming language just for the game. but I've complained enough about that particular subject. so no more

yeah it has nothing to do with blockland, because that game isnt a sandbox other than 100 different furry cosmetics combinations