Author Topic: Player Light not functioning in my server  (Read 5761 times)

A simple problem, but I have no idea what could be causing it. This is very new to me, never occurred before.

console log. There was a certain weapons pack that stopped it but without a log I dont know what you have.

open your game and put this code below in the console (`)

trace(1);uselight(1);echo("light on");uselight(0);echo("light off");trace(0);

after you do that, close the game and go to your Blockland folder and upload the console.log here. then it'll be easier to figure out whats going on

open your game and put this code below in the console (`)

trace(1);uselight(1);echo("light on");uselight(0);echo("light off");trace(0);

after you do that, close the game and go to your Blockland folder and upload the console.log here. then it'll be easier to figure out whats going on

i should have mentioned this but it should be obvious that not only you start your game but make a server before entering this console command

Here's the console.log file. Sorry for not checking back up on this, lol.

with this issue you're having, are you hearing the light sound whenever you try to turn it on?

if you aren't hearing it, did entering the command i posted play the sound? or perhaps turn on your light?

also im sorry i gave you the wrong command lol.

do the same process as before except put this in the console instead

trace(1);servercmdlight(findclientbyname("YOUR NAME HERE"));trace(0);

put your name where it says YOUR NAME HERE (with the quotes too), then close the game and post the console log

with this issue you're having, are you hearing the light sound whenever you try to turn it on?

if you aren't hearing it, did entering the command i posted play the sound? or perhaps turn on your light?
I don't think I'm hearing a light sound, but I'll get back to you on it ASAP. Using it normally does no sound at all.

Here's the log.

Looking at it in console references several things, such as a buggy Keyblade item I somewhat knew about, as well as Toolgun, HookGun, etc.
I dunno why these are being called in (unless they effect the player's light somehow), but my first thought is that one of these is causing the issue.

NEVERMIND IT WORKS
Turns out it was that Keyblade thingy. Must've been buggy af.

yeah i was gonna say its definitely the keyblade. the light function doesnt continue after it goes through they keyblade package.