Has anyone tested Onn. Bluetooth sport earbuds in the shower?

Author Topic: Has anyone tested Onn. Bluetooth sport earbuds in the shower?  (Read 1211 times)

They're rated ipX5 and it sounds like that should be able to handle a shower fine but I'm still unsure about giving it a try because I really like these things and would hate to have to buy more.

Also wouldn't steam be a whole different issue for them than a stream of water?

Ipx_ only accounts for a like holding something under a tap or something right?

I don't think shower amounts of steam for a shower length of time would be a problem but soap may be so you should be careful about that

no soap and dont overdo it on shampoo and your fine

Why not just use a speaker? Wearing earbuds in the show sucks

guys this dude's tryna jack off to researchos in the shower

or just play music from your phone

install a bluetooth surround sound stereo system in the shower

ipx5 = not tested for dust resistance, will resist splashes and jets of water
so basically they /should/ be fine in the shower as long as you dont completely submerge them (e.g. if they fall out or something)
i would honestly just recommend using one of those shower speakers instead of earbuds since it'll be more comfortable and you wont have water and soap and other crud dripping into the earbuds
« Last Edit: May 24, 2022, 06:49:21 PM by Mr Queeba »

guys this dude's tryna jack off to researchos in the shower

Actually no. Not sober me just thought not having to stop blasting classic metal into my ears to take a shower was an amazing idea, that could end badly heh.

Also this is basically my first ever adoption of Bluetooth earbud tech and I love it, I'd sort of stopped listening to music as much as I used to for years and basically only listened to it while driving untill now, now I use them every day.
ADD NOT ENDORSED BY Bluetooth earbud tech

onn brand is the apex of cheap electronics, their stuff is mostly bunk although I did buy an onn brand roku tv that was actually fairly well built for the price. as for bluetooth earbuds idk but wearing them in the shower seems like it would be uncomfortable

or just play music from your phone
if it's loud enough and the audio isn't terrible yes

Why not just use a speaker? Wearing earbuds in the shower sucks
this. a cheap bluetooth speaker even if your worried about it getting moisture damage. i've had the same cheap ass walmart clearance bluetooth speaker for like 4 years now surprisingly still works sittin on the back sink corner lol - i just pair it to my phone and play whatever

i would honestly just recommend using one of those shower speakers instead of earbuds since it'll be more comfortable and you wont have water and soap and other crud dripping into the earbuds
those are cool too but having them in the shower with you still makes the tech vulnerable even if it's "water proof" . plad has the right idea just have a bluetooth speaker in the bathroom with you outside of the shower, although i can see how showering with earbuds in would be immersive as forget

That. I want to be immersed in water and sound.

Why not just use a speaker? Wearing earbuds in the show sucks
It sounds like you speak from experience

It sounds like you speak from experience
Cause I am? Just use a speaker, it's better.

Cause I am? Just use a speaker, it's better.

loool

i cant really say much for the onn buds but i do have raycons everyday buds which pretty much are "similar" to the onn's ... soo, no guarantees but it should be fine but maybe dont douse them completely in water
« Last Edit: May 27, 2022, 10:25:27 AM by AlexK² »

I hate all Onn products with a passion. It's a stuff in-house brand from Walmart that (in my experience) either doesn't work at all, or stops working after a month.

Just buy a bluetooth speaker for the shower. Why even risk your earbuds like that? I dont get it