what is everyone's job/career here

Author Topic: what is everyone's job/career here  (Read 3793 times)

I just earned my master's and now I am a college faculty member! Part of the things that I advise were influenced by video production that I cooked up in my early tenure playing Blockland.

currently a part-time graduate research assistant working on software, about to transition into being a full-time software engineer at a consulting group. for the record i referenced my modding years in my interviews : - ]
somehow modding funny online legos for 7-8 years paid off, cus otherwise i wouldn't have ended up with any of the skills and friends i have now. gonna miss this place when it goes offline January 18 2024 8:12 AM

I am a Personal Assistant.

i work as a computer engineer doing things i'm not allowed to tell people about :) i'm not exactly doing what i love within the field but it pays big time so i can't complain

i work part time at my university doing IT helpdesk stuff, honestly a pretty enjoyable job where i get to work with some cool people and its pretty flexible around my college schedule. plus when college isnt in session (summer break) i get a lot of hours and make some sweet cash that i proceed to waste save
wtf you sound like me during college. mine was for the engineering college though. sometimes i miss it, that job was so ez

i just graduated this past december so im taking some time before i commit to going to med school (premed/psych). Right now preparing to work in healthcare as a digital brown townyst, basically helping improve and implement new features/solutions for modern and up and coming healthcare applications and services.

nice, you got into med school? big achievement

i makea da pizza and draw the boob
not good money  :panda:

industrial electrical contracting. right now I'm at the most dusty old ass plant imaginable that makes plastic pellets and garden hoses. it's such a weird combo but it kinda works considering they use the plastic/vinyl/rubber whatever to make their hoses. worst place imaginable because if it's not the nearly 80° temperature of the hose production part of the plant, it's the plastic-dust-caked facility with the worst air quality imaginable. despite the variety of stuffty conditions I don't mind working here simply because it's close to home because otherwise I'd be at some plant 2hr+ away staying at a hotel which sucks ass. been at this plant for about 4 weeks now but they'll probably send me somewhere else next week so I'm hoping it's another plant close by. the work is fun though and getting to see how different types of plants operate is cool. one of the first jobs I was at was at a Volvo plant and I got to see the giant robots weld cars together
« Last Edit: May 31, 2022, 05:52:05 AM by Trogtor »

uni student. but i ran out of money, don't want to take a loan, plus a mixture of organizational issues at uni right now, means that i'll be (trying) to work for the year instead

i makea da pizza and draw the boob
not good money  :panda:
add fur to the boob and then it'll be good money

i manage digital design for a couple different companies

industrial electrical contracting. right now I'm at the most dusty old ass plant imaginable that makes plastic pellets and garden hoses. it's such a weird combo but it kinda works considering they use the plastic/vinyl/rubber whatever to make their hoses. worst place imaginable because if it's not the nearly 80° temperature of the hose production part of the plant, it's the plastic-dust-caked facility with the worst air quality imaginable. despite the variety of stuffty conditions I don't mind working here simply because it's close to home because otherwise I'd be at some plant 2hr+ away staying at a hotel which sucks ass. been at this plant for about 4 weeks now but they'll probably send me somewhere else next week so I'm hoping it's another plant close by. the work is fun though and getting to see how different types of plants operate is cool. one of the first jobs I was at was at a Volvo plant and I got to see the giant robots weld cars together
holy stuff dude do you work for eaton corp or some stuff? they make hoses and the such. I used to work in a plastics extruding facility as well, so I totally know what you mean about the air quality..it sucks worse than ass - you dont notice it while working usually but when you walk into the bitch and clock in, you can totally see the fog in the air

add fur to the boob and then it'll be good money
usually it's the opposite lol

i manage digital design for a couple different companies
are you not at liberty to say which? personally I would love to have a job as such...my main question: is the pay actually good..? heck even if the pay ISN'T good, I do that stuff for fun anyways so it seems like it'd be a win-win, lol. physical labor is terrible not only because it makes you sore but because most times the hard working people get forgeted over the most

uni student. but i ran out of money, don't want to take a loan, plus a mixture of organizational issues at uni right now, means that i'll be (trying) to work for the year instead
apply for a grant if possible, and start selling that famous candy corn - I believe in you!!

« Last Edit: June 10, 2022, 05:29:02 AM by Goth77 »