Movie Recommendation Ideas

Author Topic: Movie Recommendation Ideas  (Read 4874 times)

i hate drive so much it's unreal. ryan gosling is literally NOT me.

watch trainspotting

Watch Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels if you're gonna dive into arthouse brit movies with depressing screen filters.

Baby Driver
Fantastic film, I love the pacing and the auditory work paired with the visuals.

this thread is a study in mental illness
Yes

watch trainspotting
I keep bumping into films where the main character is unhinged and I’m like oh so that’s where the “he’s just like me” character comes from. I also keep getting a thread of Steve Buscemi or Willem DaFoe making an appearance somewhere here. Anyways yes, Trainspotting is on my list but I know I have to be in the right mindset for that or it’ll probably mess me up lmao

Watch Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels if you're gonna dive into arthouse brit movies with depressing screen filters.
I’m into it, that’s a nice cast lineup too!

Update: I promise I’m slowly getting around to everyone’s recommendations, but so far Blade Runner - The Final Cut has been one of my favorite suggestions out of the films I haven’t seen yet

any steven seagal movie will melt your brain and make you contemplate why you wasted your life watching it

i recommend being drunk when watching them

also I forgot to mention but "The Lobster" is a really loving good and twisted movie if you like dystopian stuff

also I forgot to mention but "The Lobster" is a really loving good and twisted movie if you like dystopian stuff
Now that looks like a fun almost surrealist piece! I enjoy some art house stuff from time to time.

Update: Magnolia (1999) is a whacky crazy movie, I recommend the 3 hour watch. It seems like this movie was overshadowed by some other films of the time but I feel like it’s a lost gem with an all-star cast. I think what I’ll try to do from here on in is work on a A, B, and C rotation where one day I watch a movie of my choice, a movie one of my friends recommended me, and a movie posted from here. Definitely will keep you all posted with updates.

Falling Down, Falling Down, Falling Down!!! My loving favorite movie. Released in 1993 which was an astounding year for cinema in general.

I'll have to check it out, but I'll raise you "In Bruges"

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but it's a great film- Catch me if you can.

i can't wait for the new barbie movie to come out and watch a bunch of guys mold their personalities around ryan gosling's ken

i can't wait for the new barbie movie to come out and watch a bunch of guys mold their personalities around ryan gosling's ken
way ahead of you already. it's time for our glow up

the yassification of the american male

come and see (1985). absolute dread and terror. it’s free on youtube

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but it's a great film- Catch me if you can.

Just gave this one a watch, both the movie and the opening sequence are phenomenal. I didn’t think there’d be aspects that make you sympathize with Leo’s character, but man, they’re sure pull it off.

some of my personal favourites:

-pacific rim (don't watch the sequel please)
-godzilla: final wars
-guillermo del toro's hellboy duology
-kong skull island