might have cashew allergy

Author Topic: might have cashew allergy  (Read 742 times)

i dont like or eat cashews. but i drank some cashew milk 3 hours ago and i experienced reactions

throat constriction, irritation, itchiness inside my ears... then stomach discomfort, and now finally diarrhea. (currently on the toilet)

with diarrhea, this ailment might end soon

luckily i haven't died yet... stay tuned

did u no cashews grow on the bottom of fruit?

did u no cashews grow on the bottom of fruit?

A Tobuscus song taught me that

Yeah cashew allergy sucks I have a really severe one and to my knowledge I'm not allergic to anything else

when I was a kid my dad made bread with cashew butter and just a small amount had me feeling like I was gonna die for hours

i've never had this reaction before... i wonder if it spontaneously developed or i just always missed eating something with cashews in it

hoping for no cross-reactivity. i like reeses and nutella

You can still develop allergies to things you have repeated, everyday exposure to. Sucks when it happens, but thems the breaks.

I like cashews but not the planters brand they taste terrible and upset my stomach as well

the cashew is actually an apple stem and the outer shell contains toxins that are not safe to ingest, they are supposed to be steamed after being shelled to remove the toxic oils

Besides containing urushiol, a skin irritant, the shells also have two other components that are toxic to ingest. Anacardic acid causes rashes similar to urushiol, and phenolic resin is a chemical sometimes found in insecticides. These oils in the shells can leach into the cashew seed, making it dangerous to eat the raw nut even after removing it from the outer layers. This is why companies steam cashews to clear the oils before selling them for consumption

source: https://www.delightedcooking.com/are-raw-cashews-really-poisonous.htm

never had cashew milk before but it sounds like it wouldn't be very good....

it tasted like sucking on a cashew in milk form, with no other flavor

someone else tried it and called it 'indescribably gross', so i guess it depends on the person

You can still develop allergies to things you have repeated, everyday exposure to. Sucks when it happens, but thems the breaks.
on the contrary, normally when the human body is exposed to something for an extended period of time a tolerance is developed, not a weakness - isn't that how vaccines used to work? but I understand where you are coming from since allergies can be spontaneous. the most logical conclusion however, is that he got a bad batch - it's been happening a lot recently especially with food stuff. just take a look at all the recent food & drink recalls. it sure is whack how much our food is "fake" or chemically altered and forgeted with on the genetic level, and now they want us to eat bugs and plant burgers......

it tasted like sucking on a cashew in milk form, with no other flavor
someone else tried it and called it 'indescribably gross', so i guess it depends on the person
it does depend on the person , to each their own when it comes to what sort of food and drink they enjoy of course - but in my own opinion I feel like u probably just got a bad batch of the stuff. I don't want to discourage you or anyone from a diet that works for them or a food/beverage that you enjoy.. so maybe just try a different brand of cashew milk. If this "allergy" or whatever it is persists no matter what brand you try then you know it's the actual cashew - but if one product is fine and most others are not you gotta know it has to be a manufacturing process. You might be surprised at the amount of stuff thats printed as "different" but comes out of the same factory

« Last Edit: June 10, 2022, 06:55:13 AM by Goth77 »