A final update from us

Author Topic: A final update from us  (Read 17158 times)

So for those of you who don't remember: This account was made by someone when they were 10 years old, although I believe they had another account when they were around 8 years old.
This person has C-PTSD and DID (both of which have been medically recognized, this is not a joke; both of these diagnoses are legitimate disorders recognized by professionals & our case has been validated by several professionals), in addition to psychotic symptoms which may be caused by schizophrenia, though this hasn't been confirmed or denied by a professional at this point.

Over the past 2 decades, we've undergone repeated trauma, most of which was either caused or worsened by the internet. Our original trauma was an incident in real life which gave us these disorders, but the internet-based trauma just made our symptoms much more harder to deal with.
In addition, the response to us talking about our symptoms online has been, frankly, disgusting.
A child with severe trauma who has become completely disconnected from reality and has no support system in real life isn't going to understand that they're "just being trolled" when they get told over and over again that their symptoms aren't real and they're just making it all up for attention.
You know what they are going to do, though? They're going to want to loving kill themselves.
And if they're one of the many unlucky ones, they're going to do it.

It's honestly a miracle that we've survived to 21 years old.
Our DID has been a blessing and a curse in that regard - one of our alters is an "angel" who's kept us from killing ourselves this whole time. In the past, that seemed unbelievably cruel. We couldn't understand why anyone would want to stop us from ending the suffering we went through on a daily basis.
But now, things are finally starting to actually get better.
If it weren't for our partner, we'd almost certainly be dead by now. We met him earlier this year and he's genuinely saved our life many times.

Currently we're trying to get professional help again - prior to this our experience with therapy had actually just been a source of even more trauma, as we sat in sessions for hours completely silent and motionless, physically unable to do anything while the therapist basically ignored us, and then let us go home to our mom who would emotionally abuse us for not doing good enough.
It's a struggle, though, because we live in the US, which means everyone wants us dead.
There are so many professionals out there who refuse to believe our disorders even exist despite all the evidence. Those who do believe DID exist usually write it off as "the disorder that makes you become a serial killer" (most people with DID are much more likely to cause harm to themselves than to others).
My hope is that we can get out of here soon - actually get out and live, not just die. But sometimes I'm scared that that's never going to happen.

- Ethan & Theo

Is this a schrizo thread or something? I don't know what to post.

Is this a schrizo thread or something? I don't know what to post.
Our disorders are medically recognized by professionals, although I'm not going to post proof of this because I don't want to dox ourselves any more than we've already done.
Our trauma is real, though. We have plenty of evidence of all of it.
- Ethan

That thread brings me back, what is it with this place and trying to have loveual tension between minors, stuffs weird.

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

At this point it doesn't really concern us whether you believe us or not. We just wanted to put this out there so the people who do trust us enough can understand.
- Seven

why do i feel like this is bs lmao, you typing in this cryptic "us" way and signing off with each post all of a sudden

At this point it doesn't really concern us whether you believe us or not. We just wanted to put this out there so the people who do trust us enough can understand.
- Seven
It's just odd that you haven't talked like this until now, even your first post upon your return appears normal

I'm not doubting that you've been through some messed up stuff here, a lot of people have, unfortunately, but this multiple personality thing seems a bit... sudden? And you've signed your posts as 3 different people, which is already one more than any one else i've seen with a multiple personality disorder

Is the DID diagnosis a recent thing?

It's just odd that you haven't talked like this until now, even your first post upon your return appears normal

I'm not doubting that you've been through some messed up stuff here, a lot of people have, unfortunately, but this multiple personality thing seems a bit... sudden? And you've signed your posts as 3 different people, which is already one more than any one else i've seen with a multiple personality disorder

Is the DID diagnosis a recent thing?
Well we technically developed the disorder when we were 6 or somewhere around that time. The way it works is that the brain creates dissociative barriers around the different parts, so we weren't fully aware of each other until recently.
DID is a very complicated disorder. Someone with DID can have literally hundreds of parts, or they can have only two or three. The amount of parts usually changes over time as well. Sometimes after processing a trauma, two parts will merge together into one. Or, after experiencing a new trauma, one part will split into two.
I believe we've talked about having different parts on this forum before, but no one really took it seriously.
Currently we have somewhere around 11 known parts.
https://did-research.org/did/myths
This page might be helpful to explain some of the things I'm not able to put into words myself.

So which one wrote that post?

So which one wrote that post?
Since it was written with input from several of us I didn't bother signing, it would have been too confusing trying to figure out who had added what.
The level of communication between parts we have now isn't typical in DID without therapy, it's just that we've been researching it and learning how to better communicate with each other, which has let us lower some of the dissociative barriers.
Normally, someone with DID would have a therapist help them do this, but since we didn't have one we did it ourselves. I know that sounds hard to believe but it was an extremely difficult painstaking journey over the course of roughly 10 years.
- Theo

https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=234126.msg7927804#msg7927804
Here you can see one of us confessing to having this disorder (albeit vaguely, but we didn't know how to explain it ourselves at the time) and it being dismissed.
- Seven

Sounds like hell, tbh, probably very tiring and confusing to put up with in your daily life, but hopefully you can get that all figured out in due time, as well as what goes on in your own household :cookie: