This map could be a game changer for a mapping comeback in v21

Poll

Are you ready for Chervorzk?

Yes!
No!

Author Topic: This map could be a game changer for a mapping comeback in v21  (Read 7225 times)

Hey all,

There have been some people that tried to make maps similar to this one, made by bricks. Shortly before the shadows and shader update was introduced in 2012, there was someone that tried to remake the Chernarus map from the game DayZ. But the lag spikes made him quit the project. However, since two days I have been developing this map named Chervorzk and it turns out pretty awesome already. Notice how the interiors and terrain create a perfect match with each other. There is also enough spaces for farm fields, little forests, power masts, two smaller villages, a military base with airfield, etc.

Many buildings, not all, have an interior to experiment with the mission lighting limit. If this map is done for an older Blockland vanilla mod this week, people are allowed to port this map into a different format into version 21 and make a similar DayZ gamemode for it. I really do believe that maps such as this one attracts a lot of people! Too bad that my mapping skills weren't great back then before the terrains and interiors were replaced by shadows and shaders in August 2012.

As of 28 August today, I have made up a story for the map. You can find some pieces back into the map. It was 2 October 2023 when a weird yellow powder had been spread into the air during the Ukraine war. A terrorist attack? A false flag attack? Rumors are going around that NATO got involved. The yellow powder began to act like a virus, infecting thousands perhaps a million people in one day across Eastern Europe. Within weeks, the entire world had been infected. Six billion people have died of the virus, most lucky survivors did not catch the virus and those who managed to survive the virus have become aggressive flesh eating zombies. It is October 2026 now, welcome to the fiction city Chervorzk in the southwest part of Russia.

Screenshots (new - 28 August)

Screenshots (old)

Chervorzk meets Age of Time
It seems like that the modern age has finally found the remotest region of Port Town.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2022, 09:20:48 PM by Antares »

looks great. i like that garry's mod aesthetic. couldn't care less if people weren't as good at building since it was fun enough to just make minigames or buidings with maps being its foundation. too bad badspot isnt here to reconsider utilizing maps like this

looks great. i like that garry's mod aesthetic. couldn't care less if people weren't as good at building since it was fun enough to just make minigames or buidings with maps being its foundation. too bad badspot isnt here to reconsider utilizing maps like this

I suggested Badspot yesterday to let Blockland handle between two different client versions. The best thing to do is to have a v20 installation by default in the v21 folder if Badspot integrates this feature. When you join between servers, the client will check if there is a current (v21) or older version (only v20) server running, it will close the game, boot up the right Blockland game version and joins the server. It is the best way to keep the community happy that are pro interior and terrain fans and the shadows and shaders fans.

To be honest, I really do miss the terrains and interiors in Blockland. It was a large fun piece of the game that made you go on adventure and discover entire (city) maps.

Looks promising

Thanks!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2022, 01:08:47 PM by Antares »

It's got alot of potential when it comes to uses and such!

but since we're doing DayZ and the like..
why not try to do a project zomboid-like map set in illinois next
« Last Edit: July 20, 2022, 02:43:32 PM by yehellis3246 »

I suggested Badspot yesterday to let Blockland handle between two different client versions. The best thing to do is to have a v20 installation by default in the v21 folder if Badspot integrates this feature.
YEEESSS

oh my loving god this looks awesome

Thank you all. Here is some more actual progress of the map as today. The white bridge over the river is placed there to see how much I need to shrink it to make it fit perfectly. However, all the trees on the map are causing a little bit of a fps drop now, so I reduced the draw distance similar to the GSF Paradise map to get the best fps. Problem solved.

would love to see some community push towards v21 v20 oops
« Last Edit: July 24, 2022, 06:42:55 PM by Crook »

would love to see some community push towards v21
honestly yeah same

First of all OP, keep up the good work. The project looks awesome and it's honestly awesome to see someone still making stuff for this game. Second, I can't believe people are still making stuff for this game. Is there still an active enough playerbase to make projects like this worthwhile?

This map would be awesome for a gamemode like the Battlefield 2 Project Reality mod.

When it's done, make a gloomy overcast version, a night version and more importantly a winter version ;)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2022, 10:10:12 AM by MunkeyCheez »

First of all OP, keep up the good work. The project looks awesome and it's honestly awesome to see someone still making stuff for this game. Second, I can't believe people are still making stuff for this game. Is there still an active enough playerbase to make projects like this worthwhile?

Thanks man! This map is actually being made in Blockland Classic Mod, a ported and heavily modified version of Blockland 0002 on the latest Torque Game Engine 1.5.2.

This map would be awesome for a gamemode like the Battlefield 2 Project Reality mod.

When it's done, make a gloomy overcast version, a night version and more importantly a winter version ;)
I will.

As of today, I have ported the map to Badspot's other game named Age of Time. Age of Time has a day and night cycle and it makes the environment and buildings stand out very well. This map will also be made for the older Blockland retail and Vanilla version. I have no idea about how or what but Age of Time v3 seems to be having a really fast mission (re)lighting for Torque Constructor interiors.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2022, 11:12:21 AM by Antares »