What do you guys use to follow tech?

Author Topic: What do you guys use to follow tech?  (Read 1735 times)

I really don't want to become a angry old person who pretends like they understand stuff still. I've noticed it seems like every single person I know that is into tech was actually into it for a bit but never progressed and kept up with it. How do you stay hyped about new hardware/software? is there any particular blogs/youtube channels you follow?

Google News mostly, then Twitter, and whatever Youtube sometimes recommends me

Google News mostly, then Twitter, and whatever Youtube sometimes recommends me
Got one recomennddation sir plz? That's not much to go by.

Got one recomennddation sir plz? That's not much to go by.
I have nothing specific, that is why i specified nothing

I just bumble into news stories i find mildly interesting or relevant to my interests

chrome mobile > new tab > scroll down

used to watch linustechtips heavily, then eventually stopped getting excited about whatever cpu/gpu getting ever so slightly higher benchmark scores than the previous. can't really sit through their normal videos anymore but i like the wan show

google news feed and various tech-specific websites nowadays, i used to be pretty active in tech-specific discord groups but i largely left or distanced myself from them over time because i got increasingly annoyed by the constant gatekeeping and whatnot and i realized i was spending way too much of my time arguing over dumb stuff lol.

i get my news by working in tech

outside of work i like to purge all the contents of my brain and shut it off

peers
also not hardware. because I don't care about hardware. just software stuff

I don't really, I've been buying less and less tech each year

i dont follow tech. i lead it

google news feed and various tech-specific websites nowadays, i used to be pretty active in tech-specific discord groups but i largely left or distanced myself from them over time because i got increasingly annoyed by the constant gatekeeping and whatnot and i realized i was spending way too much of my time arguing over dumb stuff lol.
this for me

If you guys have any particular websites you follow that you find interesting to read that would be helpful. I'm having troubles figuring out where to find these blogs/sources.

https://news.ycombinator.com/ I like this when I actually remember to check it out

https://news.ycombinator.com/ I like this when I actually remember to check it out
i can't believe you're unironically linking to hackernews