Author Topic: pc fan light problems  (Read 585 times)

probably the most unusual place to ask for help for a pc problem but i logged on after a few months and thought "why not i'm already here"
i recently lost the control for my pc's rgb fans and now they're stuck on this obnoxious ass strobe light setting
my asumption is that they're connected to the motherboard in some way, so would i be able to fix it in the BIOS or would i need to dissassemble the pc and remove the fans entirely to figure out the problem

if u lost the remote your kinda screwed, you could try using a program such as msi mystic light/ whatever your motherboard is the rgb program for it, but the chances that it works while the rgb controller is still connected is kinda slim

if u lost the remote your kinda screwed, you could try using a program such as msi mystic light/ whatever your motherboard is the rgb program for it, but the chances that it works while the rgb controller is still connected is kinda slim
aww forget
i'll give it a shot though, thanks

if you know the brand, google "[brand] remote replacement"
most likely it is some generic remote controller. you'll probably find instructions for setting it up in the same place you buy it, if it's the same brand, or instructions from someone talking about it if it's a generic substitute. but my guess is it'll have four dip switches in the battery compartment that you'll need to match to the same configuration in the receiver. or just bruteforce it. there's only 16 possibilities if it's set up like that