Author Topic: Blockland on Roblox's old manual swear filter  (Read 4167 times)

We were destined to be cast into the eternal black void of obscurity from our very conception. Roblox was going to make sure of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSApZNjR7hs&t=101s&ab_channel=RubenSim

Every segment mentioning us bastards:

1:40

4:35

6:56

7:49

Blockland gets to live rent free in Roblox's blacklist of naughty words, so as long as Roblox lives on, so too will Blockland

We will never just be a memory

well, how bout that

Blockland gets to live rent free in Roblox's blacklist of naughty words, so as long as Roblox lives on, so too will Blockland

We will never just be a memory
Inspiring words good sir

« Last Edit: June 20, 2023, 09:33:17 AM by Goth77 »

reserved seat in hell for those who type the entire god damn url

this was what actually made me aware of blockland in the first place.

if there's any ancient roblox cretins here, you may have heard of clockwork - an intern who worked briefly at roblox
he had a place that was publicly visible on his profile back in about 2009 or so called "clockland", it had literally nothing in it as far as i'm aware, no clocks, no roosters, no land.
naturally theories spawned around this, most notably people trying to say blockland in the comments and getting filtered out because they thought that it was a reference to this game.

so thanks roblox, you ruined my life made my life so much better by indirectly introducing me to blockland.

there is one new person in the bcc and blu because of this video
this was what actually made me aware of blockland in the first place.

I could've sworn there was discourse about Roblox players saying "Roblox is better than Blockland" etc etc in game for a while. Did that not happen? Or was it reversed and it was mostly Blockland players saying that about Roblox? Either way, I thought it was low key a good thing that Blockland was big enough for Roblox players/community to talk about it in game somehow.

I could've sworn there was discourse about Roblox players saying "Roblox is better than Blockland" etc etc in game for a while. Did that not happen? Or was it reversed and it was mostly Blockland players saying that about Roblox? Either way, I thought it was low key a good thing that Blockland was big enough for Roblox players/community to talk about it in game somehow.
blockland players have been saying "blockland is better than roblox" and roblox players have been saying "roblox is better than blockland" for many many years, you are not misremembering

when will the war between blockland and roblox end????!?11

when will the war between blockland and roblox end????!?11
thats the way it is on this bitch of an earth

-snip-

One time a bunch of Roblox users mass joined the forums and tried to spam us off the internet iirc

speaking of blockland and roblox, check out the developers of this game (its basically high budget zeppelin battle/wars for those of you familiar with that):
https://www.roblox.com/games/8840562096/Airship-Assault-BETA
:^)
it even uses a couple of blockland assets here and there
« Last Edit: June 19, 2023, 08:27:25 PM by Mr Queeba »

speaking of blockland and roblox, check out the developers of this game (its basically high budget zeppelin battle/wars for those of you familiar with that):
https://www.roblox.com/games/8840562096/Airship-Assault-BETA
:^)
it even uses a couple of blockland assets here and there
'Blocklanders in the wild' is my favorite obscure genre of discoveries

It's just funny that they viewed Blockland as a direct competitor back in 2008 or so considering how only a year later their growth and playerbase eclipsed Blockland 100 fold and so on

I assume they didn't expect Blockland's developer to fumble the ball so hard

if there's any ancient roblox cretins here, you may have heard of clockwork - an intern who worked briefly at roblox
oh man remember his quasi-official fansite called roblox hq? the loving forum on there was like bizarro universe BLF in how equally un-moderated it was lol. whole place went up in flames after a mere 3 years because he finally gave up trying to put out all the fires his underaged stuffhead userbase kept setting. good times.