Author Topic: What plate carrier yall run?  (Read 3425 times)

I run some iiia armor spartan armor systems thing thats probably expired for concealed armor and a shellback rampage with RMA plates for overt. Shellback had some complaints about their carriers, but from what ive seen the complaints are all for their banshee plate carriers, which are not as good and made in china.

Yes I am poor but what I have works so far.

Anywho, just curious what BL forums is wearing for their plates. I know you guys own guns, if you dont have something wearable that can stop bullets, you should look into it.

how tf does armor "expire"? what happens to the material?

how tf does armor "expire"? what happens to the material?
Armor manufacturers guarantee a certain threat level until a certain date. The armor if kept in good condition will probably still stop bullets, but the manufacturer no longer guarantees that threat level. Kevlars degrade depending on humidity/temperature very slowly. Ceramics should be fine IMO but police still buy new plates every once in awhile for a reason.

typically I just carry plates in my hands like a normal person

jpc 2.0 in ranger green. got two rma #1155mc lvl4 plates because i dont actually train with them i just larp around in my room. will probably get something lighter and add side plates if i ever want to get serious
« Last Edit: August 01, 2023, 09:52:53 PM by 16-Bit »

imagine gearing up to go to mcdonalds haha

Agilite K19 with two RMA lvl 4 plates

It's weird, I live in texas, and I hardly ever see anyone open-carrying, much less with long guns and wearing plates. Might be because I live semi-near a city now. That or a lotta people wised up and realized they look like damn fools ordering a whopper while wearing pounds upon pounds of garbage.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2023, 08:35:11 PM by bloody jumper »

when your plate carrier is so fresh people start dropping dead around you
« Last Edit: August 02, 2023, 06:28:28 AM by PhantOS »

Sioen Ballistics TG2. NIJ IIIA with optional plate inserts. Gonna order some ESAPI plates to fit in this bad boy so I'm extra protected.

Armor manufacturers guarantee a certain threat level until a certain date. The armor if kept in good condition will probably still stop bullets, but the manufacturer no longer guarantees that threat level. Kevlars degrade depending on humidity/temperature very slowly. Ceramics should be fine IMO but police still buy new plates every once in awhile for a reason.

This is because they want you to keep buying their plates because odds are they'll never actually get used for its intended purpose. There are videos of people shooting VERY old body armor and they are still honoring their original NIJ certification.

jpc 2.0 in ranger green. got two rma #1155mc lvl4 plates because i dont actually train with them i just larp around in my room. will probably get something lighter and add side plates if i ever want to get serious

My RMAs are the 1155 for what its worth. I got multicam because I thought it would be useful in the long run but I regret not getting FDE or ODG. I doubt ill ever get a full multicam setup and it kinda stands out without it. 

Agilite K19 with two RMA lvl 4 plates
Cool beans. I hear the K19 is quite nice.

Sioen Ballistics TG2. NIJ IIIA with optional plate inserts. Gonna order some ESAPI plates to fit in this bad boy so I'm extra protected.
Man.. youre rich.

nice try fed
Literally the only reason I ask here is because im 99% sure none of the remaining active users are feds. And body Armour isnt illegal in most states?

Literally the only reason I ask here is because im 99% sure none of the remaining active users are feds. And body Armour isnt illegal in most states?
Fed.

nice try fed
You of all people shouldn't call others feds