18 (47.4%)
Chicken
10 (26.3%)
Pork
5 (13.2%)
Fish
5 (13.2%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Author Topic: Best Meat  (Read 6618 times)

Vote above, if you want a particular animal I'll add it.

i feel like we've had this exact thread like four times already

lamb meat
goat meat
duck meat
fish meat
deer meat

Fish is not a meat Its fish.

Beef and lamb... Beef and lamb.

Meat enthusiast here.

- Deer meat is super awesome because its like beef it had 1% fat. Super lean. Tons of protein and not a whole ton of calories because of how little fat. I use it in just about everything; deer cheesesteaks, deer burgers, deer stir fry, deer steak, whatever. Keeps my moooscles big and strongk without unneeded calories.

- Alligator is awesome. Can be like chewy chicken. Lean as well. Good for Cajun dishes, fried dishes, and cheesesteaks.

- Snake meat is surprisingly good. Again, mad lean. very chewy though. If you like jerky, its similar. Lots of bones though. (turns out some countries deep fry JUST the bones and eat them like chips)

- Duck meat is excellent like wtf. Why is duck not a staple like chicken is? Every time I've had duck I have just been blown away. Best bird meat for SURE.

- Had bullshark for the first time recently. Damn that was good stuff. Was like a mixture between steak and fish. Kind of like how tuna can taste beefy. However SUPER high in mercury. Would not eat often but would definitely try once.

- Salmon is a great fish and great for people who don't necessarily like fish due to its unique taste. Check out kalakukko, I use salmon here.

- Bison is absolutely excellent, great for chili. Tastes like beef. But spoiler alert, its lean meat too.

- Wild boar is very unique. Not like pork at all. Tastes kind of nutty, in a good way. Go shoot your local wild boars, they're HORRIBLE for the ecosystem and taste excellent. Literally free or the price of a bullet.

- ...beef bone marrow. Idk if this counts as meat or not but your local butcher most likely is sitting on a throne of beef bones. Roast them in the oven for half an hour and scoop out the marrow. Can be used on toast or just eaten straight up. Used to be my struggle food because I would get it for free but I still eat it every now and then.

oh yeah I guess chicken is good. Lean meat and its bountiful and can be used for pretty much anything. I also don't hate beef but I personally think some other meats I've mentioned are just better tasting albeit a bit harder to find and more expensive.

Shrimp is excellent though it requires conditions:
  • Fully-grown shrimp. Smaller shrimp taste too much like fish and not enough like shrimp.
  • De-shelled for convenience. Shelled probably tastes better but I'm not eating crab. I'm eating shrimp.
  • Pan fried, oven baked, or grilled are ideal. Breading & deep frying is too much.
It's a demanding meat but if-done right it can taste better than most seafood; even lobster tail.

lamb is goated. i love beef if it's rare. and fish is also top tier if it's raw. but chicken is old faithful because you can do so much with it and it's pretty cheap

bison
beef
rabbit
venison
turkey
duck
chicken

the meats i don't care for: turtle, gator, frog, certain types of fish - anything that tastes like muddy pond water really

not a big fan or pork either, probably has something to do with living down the road from a hog farm growing up and the owners would give us hog meat all the time for free - it was a nice gift but I grew tired of pork pretty quick lol. I rarely eat it anymore with the exception of the occasional bacon (BLT, on a burger, or with eggs and toast for breakfast)

Shrimp is excellent though it requires conditions:
  • Fully-grown shrimp. Smaller shrimp taste too much like fish and not enough like shrimp.
  • De-shelled for convenience. Shelled probably tastes better but I'm not eating crab. I'm eating shrimp.
  • Pan fried, oven baked, or grilled are ideal. Breading & deep frying is too much.
It's a demanding meat but if-done right it can taste better than most seafood; even lobster tail.
shrimp is excellent. the kind I get are large peeled and de-veined but with the tail end still on. I typically cook mine in a garlic butter sauce with a little salt and pepper. absolutely amazing with homemade roostertail sauce (horseradish and ketchup)
also, farm raised shrimp tastes awful compared to wild caught shrimp imo

« Last Edit: August 04, 2023, 05:36:22 PM by Goth77 »

i feel like we've had this exact thread like four times already
that seems to be exactly the right number (if you exclude two "meat threads" that didn't explicitly ask the question). in half of them I made very similar jokes to the one I made here and in the other half I never posted but surely if I had I would've. also you made one of them

also shrimp aren't meat. they're forgetin bugs. there's nothing wrong with them but they're not meat. I'm 50/50 on whether fish is meat. cus we are eating their muscle fibers and fat mainly. which is kind of what meat is. but shellfish is definitely not meat. like they arguably have meat in them but it's a relatively low proportion. and the parts that are muscle are hard to compare to mammal muscle anyway
« Last Edit: August 04, 2023, 09:27:11 PM by Foxscotch »

bug meat is still meat

bug meat is still meat
ok pal cut me open a shrimp and then tell me what's muscle and what isn't. you can't do it. you can't because it's nonsense. arthropod "meat" is simply Built Different. it is almost unrecognizable compared to tetrapod meat

-beef (cow meat): best stuff, hands down. at best when it's juicy and between rare and medium, preferably like it cooked in the grill, but on the oven is great too.

-chorizo: depends on the type of chorizo but great stuff too, especially when you are making a choripan out of it.

-fish: haven't tried much of it, i have only limited myself to hake burgers. i have lost my taste for them over the years, but i'm still down to eat them at any time.

-pork: pretty good! i once mistook pork ribs for cow ones at a restaurant and i honestly liked them. also tried some of it at parties, mostly cold.

-chicken: eeeh, not into it. i eat neapolitan chicken milanese, but i only like it when it's thin enough, otherwise it just feels really gummy and kinda makes me wanna vomit.

- Alligator
- Snake

where the forget are they selling you this stuff and how do you even eat it.

the single worst casualty of reddit is bacon. we all know it's good but you can't loving talk about it anymore.
salmon is also goated. i put lemon on that stuff all day