Author Topic: What's something you miss from the 2000s?  (Read 6211 times)

To me it seems like you just struggle to make connections with people in their preferred environment regardless of the internet
I can't tell if you're super young or full boomer. Something has absolutely changed.

Personally I think a lot of it is when you get older it just in general gets harder to make friends. The older you get the less of your age group is on the internet, they're busy and are more likely to have IRL interests, IRL friends and IRL responsibilities. On the non internet side the older people get the less likely they want to make new friends, they already have their groups. The older people get the more drama they've been through and they're more cautious and reserved when meeting new people.

But... something still feels really different. I blame social media a certain amount and I blame normies showing up. Everyones on the internet so why make internet friends? Your IRL friends are already on here and you can find them easily. Why the forget would you speak to random strangers? You don't need to make internet friends to play games with anymore, you can just play games with your IRL friends, everyone owns a gaming PC now.

i VC with my IRL friends on discord the most often, but I generally end up making internet friends as well whenever i play multiplayer games that my IRL friends don't play

today we actually found those wax bottle candies with the juice in them, i didn't think they still existed but it reminded me of a few other things i don't see as often such as zebra gum, gum cigars, candy cigarettes, the dot candies on paper, and edible rice paper, etc.

i think they all still exist today but i dont see them as often. Surprisingly stuff like fruit roll ups that have tongue tattoos and mystery flavored candy is still really popular 

i also remember candies having weird as forget commercials like airheads

motherloving bubble tape and dippindots

when i lived in the northeast coast area; you literally could not find dippindots anywhere but certain concessions in DC (only during the summer)

but surprisingly they are still extremely popular in the southeast... i've seen them all year round in FL, SC, NC and GA

almost all circle K's in GA have freezers dedicated to them and they're pretty well full except when they run out. they have all of the flavors as well, my favorite is the banana split

one thing i cant seem to find as often down here is gumball popsicles though 

i miss browsing flipnote hatena for hours on my dsi :(

i miss browsing flipnote hatena for hours on my dsi :(
i still have tons of flipnotes saved that i downloaded from hatena, quite incredible what people were able to do despite having a color palette of like 3 not including white and only being able to use 2 at the same time lol. i think its a good example of limitation inspiring creativity and my admiration for that kind of stuff is why im pretty into old games and computers and stuff despite being born in the 21st century
when i lived in the northeast coast area; you literally could not find dippindots anywhere but certain concessions in DC (only during the summer)

but surprisingly they are still extremely popular in the southeast... i've seen them all year round in FL, SC, NC and GA

almost all circle K's in GA have freezers dedicated to them and they're pretty well full except when they run out. they have all of the flavors as well, my favorite is the banana split

one thing i cant seem to find as often down here is gumball popsicles though
as a northeasterner my whole life i do remember going several times to a mall (now demolished lmao) and some other places and getting dippin dots. love that stuff, theres a near-ish cumberland farms that still sells them and theres some grocers with knockoff ones that i have occasionally
« Last Edit: August 18, 2023, 09:43:48 PM by Mr Queeba »