Author Topic: what do greek2me/ravencroft's avatars look like?  (Read 4641 times)

hmm lets see. here are some I can think of off the top of my head

Additive Jump-Velocity
Similarly to jump jetting, any events/script that addVelocity to the player (i.e onPlayerTouch player addVelocity 0 0 10) will have increased effect if you press jump upon touching said brick/object

Crouch Humping
Make sure you have sit function bound to a shortcut key. Hold shift and jump, then while in the air use sit and press S/move backwards at the same time, you will be stuck in the crouchBack sequence.
I could never figure out how to use addVelocity correctly, instead I always just used setVelocity for sending people skywards. Does addVelocity only work if people are already moving?

As for the crouch humping, I'm pretty sure I had to learn that technique when I was playing Badspot in L's blockland researcho.

the skis item would let you clip through brick thick walls if you took them off and put them on repeatedly.

I could never figure out how to use addVelocity correctly, instead I always just used setVelocity for sending people skywards. Does addVelocity only work if people are already moving?

As for the crouch humping, I'm pretty sure I had to learn that technique when I was playing Badspot in L's blockland researcho.
addvelocity simply adds the velocity you put into the vector to your current velocity. which means if you're going in the opposite direction of the thing, it'll not force a direction change, simply reduce your current velocity by that amount. if you have no velocity it works exactly the same as setvelocity.

internally both work exactly the same: setvelocity just sets your velocity while addvelocity adds your current velocity to the vector, then sets your velocity to the sum.

setvelocity just "appears" to have more effect as its a forced change and thus is extremely consistent

I remember ravens avatar being double peg leg hook combo with a pirate hat.i think all black or something. I think snot has like every single users avatar on file he would know

I think snot has like every single users avatar on file he would know
What? Even Mine??

I think snot has like every single users avatar on file he would know
if ur not exaggerating I would actually love to get any or all of mine (especially if there's any from the night fox account) @snot. i would pay u for ur effort. I used to keep mine, but at some point I lost the collection (and I don't think it was ever fully complete anyway)
actually, I'm stupid. i just realized what yall meant by avatar (i KNOW you literally said the peg leg thing but look pal. I didn't read it). I don't need evidence of that because mine was generally just a black or white basic space suit configuration with pink highlights
« Last Edit: November 06, 2023, 06:53:24 PM by Foxscotch »

I remember ravens avatar being double peg leg hook combo with a pirate hat.i think all black or something. I think snot has like every single users avatar on file he would know

found it

I thought that was Betelgeuse? Ravencroft has that same avatar with the name "Betel" in one of the images in his signature. But now that I think of it, I do think I remember Yaranaika staring down at me from a window as I played falling tiles...
« Last Edit: November 06, 2023, 08:52:32 PM by Rigel »

found it

this was a later one originally made by betel

his other one that I remember him by is with the purple suit and pirate hat w hooks and peglegs

his other one that I remember him by is with the purple suit and pirate hat w hooks and peglegs
I'll use that for now, just to differentiate him from Betel. I learned that Greek2Me is moderating the blockland subreddit so I'll PM him there.

Never seen this one before either! Seems like it could've been used for a really risky shortcut in Kong's deathraces when that was still a thing. Also is that a new version of the duplorcator? I remember it looking like a turquoise wand before.
somehow missed this: its the "new duplicator" released by zeblote in 2015 that's like 10x more performant and has way more features than any of the older duplicators

https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=288602.0

you can download it off of bl glass site or bl.kenko.dev (which is an older version)
https://blocklandglass.com/addons/addon/562
https://bl.kenko.dev/Add-ons/Retail/Tool/Tool_NewDuplicator%20%28v1.6.1%29.zip