You know, at least Blockland never advertised for Home Depot

Author Topic: You know, at least Blockland never advertised for Home Depot  (Read 4003 times)

Like, there’s a thousand things we might rightfully complain about but at least I don’t see ads for Blockland crossing over with Costco.

I've told my friends that Blockland died with most of its dignity as it never developed a small industry of 3D animated research like Roblox and Minecraft where it's just cube primitives smashing against each other.

does it really need an industry though? we still have blockhead research

we don't talk about that playertype. we don't go to ravenholm

we don't talk about that playertype. we don't go to ravenholm

I think having a small industry is a good enough line to draw, given that nothing on the Internet is sacred enough to not have at least some research of it.

I feel like one of the worst aspects of modern day Roblox is how corporate and boring it has become for maybe long enough and not just since the "metaverse craze" of 2021. Sure, advertising is no new thing for this place, but at least back in the early days it made more sense since most of it was headed towards kids/teens.

Answer me sincerly, what child, no, what person, regardless of their age, is sincerly invested in visiting a virtual home depot, walmart, or any other average mall instead of, y'know, the real thing.

no, shoo, bad. go back to your room and don't leave until you truly feel bad about what you have just done

I feel like one of the worst aspects of modern day Roblox is how corporate and boring it has become for maybe long enough and not just since the "metaverse craze" of 2021. Sure, advertising is no new thing for this place, but at least back in the early days it made more sense since most of it was headed towards kids/teens.

Answer me sincerly, what child, no, what person, regardless of their age, is sincerly invested in visiting a virtual home depot, walmart, or any other average mall instead of, y'know, the real thing.
it's absolutely in the novelty of doing such - it'll be used once, people will have a laugh at the quirks and weirdness of the virtual version of so and so, then never touch it again until the service that hosted these things gets shut down because they decided to use an expensive machine learning API to power the search engine.

tbh the blockland wank-bait model is better than the roblox and minecraft equivalents. in the way that getting your toenails ripped off is better than having your eyes gouged out