Author Topic: It's been a long time.  (Read 1993 times)

Hi. Old user checking in here.

It's been a while since I've last visited partly due to my negligence. I made a password that was just a pain to remember but finally got it after my 22nd try! I see the forums is still up and running and semi active? I throw that term around lightly because it looks like a bunch of other subs are just gone and dead. It's nice to see the community still partially active. I used to frequent the forums way before discord was a thing and would have the tab opened waiting for drama or a cool topic to be created. I loved seeing everyone interact with each other here, it was very "homey", if that makes sense. Discord has revolutionized the way we communicate online so you rarely see forums like this anymore unless you're in a super niche part of a game's cultural zeitgeist. I really miss when this forum was active constantly churning bans on problem users. It felt tedious keeping up with everything but if you were on top of your stuff it was fun.

I still see and remember a lot of the names from topics made within the span of a couple weeks. It's sad to see recently a couple of members have passed away in my absence. I've met people on this forum that I never hear from anymore and it really tugs on my heart strings because I used to play with these people, gossip, build, create, etc. Now they're gone and I rarely catch brief glimpses of activity if I have them friended on steam. I guess I'm feeling nostalgic and popped in to say hi, if anyone of you reading this remember me. I'm the guy who used to take everything out of context and tried to one up everyone. I had a massive ego but those problems are gone because life changes a guy.

How has everyone been?

How has everyone been?
ive had my ups and downs much like everyone

hey i remember seeing that avatar around a lot here years ago. i dont think ive ever seen it without the santa hat. did that ever exist?

Hello and welcome back fellow oldie

If you want to join an active Blockland community, you should consider joining the Content Creators server (formerly known as (but still majorly functions as) Blockland Content Creators)

You don't have to be a content creator to join, you can just chill, talk, post screenshots, discuss and get help with non-Blockland/video game related stuff, etc

There are a lot of older users there (mostly 2010 era users, but also some 2000 era here and there), but a lot of OGs who used to inhabit these forums just kinda went elsewhere, or just abandoned Blockland altogether

If you want to join an active Blockland community, you should consider joining the Content Creators server (formerly known as (but still majorly functions as) Blockland Content Creators)
and the blockland united discord

ive had my ups and downs much like everyone

hey i remember seeing that avatar around a lot here years ago. i dont think ive ever seen it without the santa hat. did that ever exist?

It did, someone on the forums made custom santa hat avatars for everyone. I want to say maybe around 2017.
-snip-
-snip-
Hey thanks! I'll check it out when I get fully set up at my new place.

I saw recently brickadia gained a lot of traction on youtube. I'm under the impression a lot of the users from blockland are tied with that project, but i don't recognize a lot of their names.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2024, 10:49:04 PM by Alkatjo »