Author Topic: .Ogg files no longer readable, lags file explorer  (Read 4269 times)

This doesn't directly effect the game performance, but it does effect my performance to create loops for my project in game. So if the topic should be moved go for it.

So I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to super complicated computer stuff. Regardless, what I do know is that I need a media extension to be able to read/play .Ogg files, or any other goofy type of file type not typically on windows or something. The problem is the files are completely unreadable. Trying to play them will lag out the file explorer, and if I wait long enough the media player will give me an error code saying it couldn't be opened, or found sometimes. I have Web Media Extensions enabled, some reddit post said to remove it and get a new one. I did so and ended up downloading the same one. I'm not sure if there are actually different extension types or what.

Here's what I am dealing with, ignore the fact it says STEREO, because I was messing around with stereo .ogg music support, it doesn't matter regardless because it will do the samething with a mono.

So is it a problem with the media player, or the codec, or something else I'm not catching?

POV: worlds fastest help thread, i figured it out. Thanks to everyone who suggested their thoughts.

on a side note, the K-Lite codec pack is great thing to have to natively play other types of sound/video such as .flv .mov .ogg .ogm, and more in windows media player natively

https://codecguide.com/download_kl.htm