Author Topic: Suggestion: Property...  (Read 2675 times)

Ok, since the landscape of AOT is nearly unlimited, why not have a real estate type thing? you buy 1 lot for $10,000, and you can choose from like 5 house designs (the buildings of port town) and then yea, pretty vauge, but...

I'd rather have more money to buy stuff with. Since he isn't adding new wepaons and such, mostly concentrating on new ideas, I'd suggest new ways of making money. Like:

Duelling
Criminal Catching Reward
Quest in Volcano
Bank and Interest (1%?)
Selling Old Items for 1/2 Price
Printing Press, The oppurtunity to load documents into a store. People purchase them, and you get 20% profits
Criminal: stealing from banks and poisoning weapons
Firefighting
Spell scroll crafting
Horse husbandry
Potion Brewing (You can only sell them, you can't use your own potions)

Also, putting Port Town underattack by invaders and setting it to a PvP zone durring certain times of the day and blocking new account formation would create an interesting "Defend the City" mode. People get paid depending on kills. Stopping new accounts keeps new people from joining and becoming an easy target.

The ability to pick mushrooms, and they give you abilities when eaten would be a cool idea too. Some are deadly, so you might just want to buy them from the Starboard Town apothecary.

Maybe if we could make formal guilds, we could have guild houses, once all the members reached a certain experience level, and got enough cash.

Badspot

• Administrator
Terrain space is unlimited, but buildings are not.  Because of the way torque handles lightmaps, I basically can't put any more buildings in the map until I come up with a different way of doing buildings.  It just uses too much ram and takes too long to load. 

There's also the matter of the network side of things, because everything in the map has to be loaded at once in torque.  I havent even looked at changing that yet but I'd imagine its not simple. 

Well, you're not getting paid to "imagine", so get to work! I'm kidding of course. As long as the idea is out there, I'm happy.

Would there be any possible way to use more than one map while maintaining communications throughout the entire server? Entering a new area would simply load a new area... But this would cause some problems I suppose.

A different way of displaying buildings... I don't know of any, and I am sure you have already looked into possible alternatives.

Would there be any possible way to use more than one map while maintaining communications throughout the entire server? Entering a new area would simply load a new area... But this would cause some problems I suppose.

A different way of displaying buildings... I don't know of any, and I am sure you have already looked into possible alternatives.

I actually saw something on GG that allows you to tele to a different server by joining IP through a teleport.....

But then bs has to buy another dedicated or whatever. (Im guessing) :P

Well Badspot, I can understand. But some sort of way to keep your stuff safe.. like having a safebox...

OR WAIT! Make a bank, and you go to the Teller, and you have a menu like the Marshall that has:

1: Check Balance
2: Withdrawl/Deposit
3: Put Items In Safe Box
4: Most Richest Players
5: Buy More Checks (50gp for 100)

and the checks you write out so you can give money to others... And Stuff like that. And when you buy from a store, it uses a check, and more.

well I came up with some thing with low lag and some info

1.People Buy this Tent for around 100 GP

2.thay set up any were

3.thay can use it as a Bed and what ever e.g Thay Press E to enter then thay go into /sleep mode

4.Once thay spawn it that can't pack it up and it only lasts for 30 Mins (To stop lag and taking up to much space)

my Low Lag Tent (not Textured)

I think that should cost more than 100 GP. Maybe 500 like the horse. It all depends on how long it stays in place.

It should also declare the area a safe zone, and anyone can sleep in it, so when they get up and leave, someone else can use it. It could work like the horses, with it spawning elswhere if you use it again, and it disapeers after a while.