Author Topic: Could someone please provide a "Blockland primer"?  (Read 2019 times)

I'll try to put this as inoffensively as possible (a difficult task for me): I'm trying to get "back" into Blockland again, and hopefully bring some friends with me, but the community is kind of....how do I put it? Hard to navigate.

So, I would really appreciate if someone would create - or perhaps guide me to - some quick'n'dirty guide to grabbing Blockland, getting the essentials to have it run as smoothly as possible, and where to get the really good stuff - vehicle and weapon mods, mainly. Things that add fun to the game, but don't compromise it's stability.

I was going to do this myself, once - back when the community was only starting to take off. But I am easily scared off by "you stole this! no, you stole that!" drama, which was a bit rampant back then, and which I would rather avoid trying to trudge through if it's still around.

Please?

well the 2 star wars mods (Starwars Blasted BETA and StarWars Mod) are for star wars lovers and if you want good DM (DeathMatch) and KOTH (King of the Hill) gameplay with cool vehicles such as an Apache, Swoopbike, Toilet, ETC and weapons such as M4 Carbine, SSten, Shovel, Volt Discharger, ETC with modererate changes to the classic blockland gameplay then you want AiO-R.  If you want classic building that has been massively improved and you don't like DM or killing go for RTB (Return To Blockland).  For people who like doing stunts with the vehicles the Stunt Blockland Mod is comeing out soon I hope.  There are some others coming out (Probably Not) but they are made by people who are still noobs but those are the main 5 (counting S-BL which is not out yet) that you should have in your crosshairs.  Hope that this helps. =D
« Last Edit: December 04, 2005, 09:55:23 PM by BJway_Bandit »

I'll try to put this as inoffensively as possible (a difficult task for me): I'm trying to get "back" into Blockland again, and hopefully bring some friends with me, but the community is kind of....how do I put it? Hard to navigate.

So, I would really appreciate if someone would create - or perhaps guide me to - some quick'n'dirty guide to grabbing Blockland, getting the essentials to have it run as smoothly as possible, and where to get the really good stuff - vehicle and weapon mods, mainly. Things that add fun to the game, but don't compromise it's stability.

I was going to do this myself, once - back when the community was only starting to take off. But I am easily scared off by "you stole this! no, you stole that!" drama, which was a bit rampant back then, and which I would rather avoid trying to trudge through if it's still around.

Please?

Um... if you want a Mod trying to stay with a Lego theme as much as possible, RTB is a good mod.

rtb.mocheeze.com

RTB is also the most played mod and don't get into TBM or else when you make a sick build you can't post it on the forum.

Just edit out the watermark. Not that hard.