Author Topic: JVS Doors Problem  (Read 5623 times)

Im having trouble with the JVS Door mod. The doors work and they can be colored but I cant load door saves, I might have the same problem with the JVS Portal mod.

I DID install it correctly, I extracted it to the BLOCKLAND folder NOT add-ons.

If your playing on-line and your not admin you cant load doors i guess...

incorrect:

If you have the add-on and you are hosting:

someone joins with add-on:It Works!
someone joins without add-on:Wheres the doors?

On someone elses server:

If you join without mod:Wtf? wheres doors?
If you join with mod:Hurray! i got security!

incorrect:

If you have the add-on and you are hosting:

someone joins with add-on:It Works!
someone joins without add-on:Wheres the doors?

On someone elses server:

If you join without mod:Wtf? wheres doors?
If you join with mod:Hurray! i got security!

yes you can put doors and see them but you cant load if your not admin?
atleast i cant

By default, you cannot load Door saves on someone else's server unless you are Admin.  There is a preference that the host can set to allow non-Admin Door save uploading.

Code: [Select]
$JVS::Server::ClientsUploadDoors = 1;

Im not on someone else's server, I'm on LAN but the only other person who plays blockland in my house is my little sister and she baerly goes on my server, only when I ask he to and the same thing happens in single player well I think it dose I'll try it out.

P.S my little sister has got the full version but dosn't have the JVS door mod.

Im not on someone else's server, I'm on LAN but the only other person who plays blockland in my house is my little sister and she baerly goes on my server, only when I ask her to and the same thing happens in single player.
P.S my little sister has got the full version but dosn't have the JVS door mod.

What happened to the edit button?
Anyways I tried it out on single player and the same thing happens as when i host a server, all it says is
''Roland is loading a door save'' Oh and there is another thing , I can't toggle the JVS wrench.

You probably edited one of my files and it now has syntax errors.  Check the console.  Post the console.log file.

You probably edited one of my files and it now has syntax errors.  Check the console.  Post the console.log file.
What do you mean by EDITING it? If you saying that I change the script that won't be right mainly because I have now idear about scripting at all. And about the console log to you want a pic of the console of the file when I load a server?

Try to do whatever it is your trying to do and then attach (not post a screenshot) the console.log file from your Blockland folder.

Try to do whatever it is your trying to do and then attach (not post a screenshot) the console.log file from your Blockland folder.
Here's the console file.

Yeah, if you're using TeamDM, you have to edit one of Space Guy's files because the code prevents one of the game's default variables from getting set.  Just search through the last few pages of the Team DM topic and you'll find instructions for fixing it.

I searched the Team Death Match topic, and I found a file that you posted to replace the old one. I can toggle the JVS wrench now but I still can't load doors. :(

You know the bricks for the Door frames have to be loaded first right?

You know the bricks for the Door frames have to be loaded first right?
Yes, I know that there has to be a frame before I load the door save. I can make doors BUT I can't load them.