Author Topic: new mod  (Read 7880 times)

you guys are handicaps...

Wait till the next update of RTB comes out.

7/16/2005 - TBM Exploit Details
The details of the TBM exploit have been uncovered by Harold "LabRat" Brown of the Torque community.
For complete information, see this thread.

Basically, TBM detects AiO installations and compromises them so that anyone can connect to the compromised server and then proceed to upload and execute any script they want. There are a number of things a malevolent person could do to a compromised server including overwriting all of the script files, effectively removing the entire game.

If you have installed TBM at any point in the past, I am forced to recommend that you delete your Blockland directory and re-install the game.

Do NOT use TBM

Rumors have surfaced recently that the makers of TBM have developed scripts that will damage a users Blockland directory if they attempt to use TBM code or models in a way that they don't approve of. I questioned Rob and MCP (aka Kier) of the TBM crew about this on IRC and they admitted to developing such a script. I questioned them separately about other hacking incidents involving TBM, which they both admitted to, but they tried to pin the blame on each other. These people cannot be trusted and their mod, TBM, should be considered a security risk.

MCP has shown a tendency towards spite, vengeance and hacker ethics. I recommend you delete TBM and its auto-updater immediately.

you guys are handicaps...

Your a handicapped n00b who thinks he knows everything

7/16/2005 - TBM Exploit Details
The details of the TBM exploit have been uncovered by Harold "LabRat" Brown of the Torque community.
For complete information, see this thread.

Basically, TBM detects AiO installations and compromises them so that anyone can connect to the compromised server and then proceed to upload and execute any script they want. There are a number of things a malevolent person could do to a compromised server including overwriting all of the script files, effectively removing the entire game.

If you have installed TBM at any point in the past, I am forced to recommend that you delete your Blockland directory and re-install the game.

Do NOT use TBM

Rumors have surfaced recently that the makers of TBM have developed scripts that will damage a users Blockland directory if they attempt to use TBM code or models in a way that they don't approve of. I questioned Rob and MCP (aka Kier) of the TBM crew about this on IRC and they admitted to developing such a script. I questioned them separately about other hacking incidents involving TBM, which they both admitted to, but they tried to pin the blame on each other. These people cannot be trusted and their mod, TBM, should be considered a security risk.

MCP has shown a tendency towards spite, vengeance and hacker ethics. I recommend you delete TBM and its auto-updater immediately.

That was long before RtB came out and TBM has updated and has no exploits that i know of at this moment in time, if you think its handicapped and has viruses, your a forgetin' moron.

RTB was definitely out before this "scandal" happened. Here's a little saying for you guys:

"Fool my one, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

Learn it, love it, live it.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2006, 01:58:49 AM by mocheeze »

Badspot

• Administrator
The fact is that you would never be able to tell if TBM still had exploits until someone that MCP really didn't like started hosting a server and he attacked them. 

I gave them a huge opportunity to change their ways.  I spent hours talking to them on that irc channel to try and resolve things amicably - they refused. 

There is no motivation for them to remove the exploits.  They have shown no change of heart.  I believe TBM to be just as dangerous now as it was when I posted the original warning.

I don't do TBM propaganda..... i'm just correcting their remarks about "viruses", exploits in TBM now.

Also, maybe it did happen after RtB, i forget things.... i thought it was in between aio-R and RtB.... but i guess not.......cuz i remember a spot where AiO was really popular.....
« Last Edit: January 16, 2006, 02:58:56 AM by RS^Capt.VenomAK »

Venom Stop Acting Like A cigarette PLZ FOR ALL OF US MAN...Definatly u loving fat ass*OWNAGE* Ive seen a pic of u you loving geek With the little glasses
0-0  Acting like a loving queer...

Dear Acidwolf,

Just because Venom has glasses doesn't mean he's a geek. Just cause I look like a stoner all the time doesn't mean I use drugs. I've never used a drug irresponsibly. Just because you have low self-esteem doesn't mean you have to hurt others to make yourself feel better.

Sincerely,
Maveric

P.S. Please die.

i declare a war on tbm man no telling wat might happen to us faithfully blockland ppl if they get to us

I declare that Knuckles just over reacted and should be locked in a box or something

I looked over the source code and it looks pretty safe, no workarounds or anything. Nothing suspicious (yea i was bored this morning) I like TBM for building, but their past has upset many.

*Thinks of something that will not upset Badspot or the TBM staff.... or tbm users....

But I seriously looked over it, it does look safe, but I would rather someone double check.... Anywho it is Badspots descression if he wants TBM over here or not. But having a past person saying how it ruins your PC seems overrated, it would attack your AiO folder if you had a few TBM things. I just wanted to clear that up with that *resists flaming* person up earlier in the topic.

I declare that Knuckles just over reacted and should be locked in a box or something

I Agree That, that Knuckles should be put in a box.