Author Topic: Tips for the Log Challenge  (Read 5686 times)

Badspot

• Administrator
People keep asking for tips and I'm tired of re-typing, so here ya go:

Do not attempt the Log Challenge until you have successfully completed the Tree House Challenge

-----------------------------------------------------------

1. On the lower portions of the log pile, avoid disconnecting the hook while in mid-swing.  Disconnect only after you are safely standing on a log.

2. If you must disconnect and re-hook in mid swing, do so at the peak of a swing not in the middle.  The velocity of your player affects the velocity of the hook projectile, so throwing the hook in the middle of a swing (when you are traveling the fastest) is quite unpredictable.

3. The hook will disconnect after 15 seconds.  So if your swing isn't going the way you planned, return to a safe area before you fall - even if that means dropping down a few logs.

People keep asking for tips and I'm tired of re-typing, so here ya go:

Do not attempt the Log Challenge until you have successfully completed the Tree House Challenge

-----------------------------------------------------------

1. On the lower portions of the log pile, avoid disconnecting the hook while in mid-swing.  Disconnect only after you are safely standing on a log.

2. If you must disconnect and re-hook in mid swing, do so at the peak of a swing not in the middle.  The velocity of your player affects the velocity of the hook projectile, so throwing the hook in the middle of a swing (when you are traveling the fastest) is quite unpredictable.

3. The hook will disconnect after 15 seconds.  So if your swing isn't going the way you planned, return to a safe area before you fall - even if that means dropping down a few logs.

whn i get to the top i always hit a log and die

There is a trigger at the very top that instantly kills anyone with the name "Zero" on the forums.

thx for posting this I am tired of telling people to. :) 4 times yesterday.

Badspot

• Administrator

4. Whn you get to the top, don't hit a log and die. 

4. Whn you get to the top, don't hit a log and die. 

Lol, Nice!

Might as well put 5. Dont **** up!

Press C right when you get to the last log. Its a glitch that pops you up a few inches and you don't have to worry about falling off the log when trying to spin on top.

lmao I'd be pissed if I pressed that button. (falls to doom) -_-  Thats the button that disconnects your hook. If you don't time it exactly right, you fall to you death.(or quite a bit)

There is a trigger at the very top that instantly kills anyone with the name "Zero" on the forums.
Wtf
 :cookieMonster: :cookieMonster: :cookieMonster: :cookieMonster: :cookieMonster: :cookieMonster: :cookieMonster: :cookieMonster: :cookieMonster:

ammm, another tip (from the only person in this forum who didn't get the golden hook yet) - shoot the hook in a middle of a jump to get it further. Oh, and take some potions with you, you will need them.

Ok, when at the middle of where the logs split up it seems, go walk to the edge of the log, there is a glitch that slides you up the log above it. It is kinda cool.

Another thing. Patience is the key to making it to the top. Lightning movements might get you to the top, but If you are not Patient at the top, you have a higher chance of falling to your death.

Always think of where to go before you do it!

I'm going to have to write all these down!  :cookieMonster:"yeah me too"