Author Topic: Game crashes frequently  (Read 3028 times)

The game crashes for me evertime I enter official server. Anybody know why this happens?

1. Running to many background applications. AOL, spyware/virus scanners, auto-updaters, etc. have a nasty habit of doing this. Check the processes tab on the Task Manager. Quit some.
2. Lower your graphics setting.
3. Switch to D3D or OpenGL, whichever works.
4. Lower your screen resolution.

Thats what I had to do. Do you mean it crashes, or it just times out? It has something to do with the way interiors are rendered. Badspot has to take some out or find a different way to render them. Well, thats probably the problem if you are timing out. If its an error message, I don't know.

It does both actually. It's like it alternates between crashing and timing out. So, I don't really know what to do.

Badspot

• Administrator
post your console.log file

I would, but i need some place to upload a log file greater than 200KB

1. Running to many background applications. AOL, spyware/virus scanners, auto-updaters, etc. have a nasty habit of doing this. Check the processes tab on the Task Manager. Quit some.
2. Lower your graphics setting.
3. Switch to D3D or OpenGL, whichever works.
4. Lower your screen resolution.

Thats what I had to do. Do you mean it crashes, or it just times out? It has something to do with the way interiors are rendered. Badspot has to take some out or find a different way to render them. Well, thats probably the problem if you are timing out. If its an error message, I don't know.

AOL forgets with your computer.  If you have it, delete it.

No. Windows pandas (haha) with your computer. If you have it, delete it.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 06:03:20 AM by Wedge »

The game crashes for me evertime I enter official server. Anybody know why this happens?

This might seem stupid, but turn off your vertex lighting in the options menu. Might solve the problem.