Author Topic: Getting Age Of Time tto Linux / Mac?  (Read 3027 times)

Badspot, do you think it would be possible to compile Age of Time for Linux and Mac? I have tried everything I can with Wine to get it working, making it not full screen, but it pops errors all the time. I also think that many others would play once ported to Mac (since we have several Mac users on this forum I believe)

Badspot

• Administrator
I would need a mac, and I don't have one.  And they're expensive.

As for linux that would involve:
-Installing linux
-Getting my video card to work in linux
-Using a make file
-Compiling from the command line
^^^ all things I do not want to do, all so 2 communist linux users can play AoT without rebooting to windows?  Don't think so. 

Haha, "communist"... so true.

I would need a mac, and I don't have one.  And they're expensive.

As for linux that would involve:
-Installing linux
-Getting my video card to work in linux
-Using a make file
-Compiling from the command line
^^^ all things I do not want to do, all so 2 communist linux users can play AoT without rebooting to windows?  Don't think so. 

I am not communst... I just can't afford another copy of Windows... But anyways I can still switch and crap.

Then download it... buying windows is crime.

Then download it... buying windows is crime.

Uhh... Downloading it is a crime too. No, it is not a crime to purchase Windows in a store.

Yes it is a crime. A software with so many bugs and problems should spread for free, look at blockland or age of time for example :P

Age of Time and Blockland are relatively safe, compared to Windows. In fact, any kind of virus transmitted by Blockland or Age of Time would be effectively quarantined,  well, so long as some one doesn't come along and execute it.

I've gotten Blockland to Linux easily, but Badspot did sure did a great job with it. No I will not download Windows, No I will not buy it. I am not wasting my money. I might buy crossover office though...

Badspot

• Administrator
Linux is only free if your time is worthless. 

I have a mac os 9, but this mac has outdated internet so i surf the web/download for 34k on a 256k modem.

cant wait till three kings day then ill get a windows notebook.  :cookieMonster:

All things I do not want to do, all so 2 communist linux users can play AoT without rebooting to windows?  Don't think so. 
Heh, couldn't resist...