Author Topic: BL Build Contest 2005  (Read 5559 times)

in an effort to prmote the use of blockland and building i have deicided to run this:
http://thermomod.bjwaymods.com/Media/BLBC1.wmv

IF your intrested pictures of all types are being excepted, video must either be wmv, or avi (no .rec)
the builds can be submited from now to the end of the month(december).

good luck and happy building!!!
more info will be posted including prizes!

Thermo, your thinly-vieled attempts at advertising fo TBM are really wearing us. You can stop anytime now. The idea of a building contest is a very good one, and we've had them around in the past, but there's no need to make video showing off your TBM builds then tacking something about a contest on it. Make a contest, that's fine, but maybe you should come to the realization that TBM isn't exactly something people talk about in these forums anymore.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2005, 02:52:48 AM by mocheeze »

its not a plan to get people to tbm, i build those a while ago and added them to attract people to be in the build contest.

i really don't care what mod u use, i will probly get tons of rtb users. So you all dislike tbm, so did I and im not going to start with this again, but if i think its the better mod to build in then that my choice.

moving on...... all mods will be accepted. i will have servers runnning on the aio, rtb, and maybe tbm (if i can find my tbm2 files)

oh and mocheeze is the rtb site back up?

Mocheeze, TBM doesn't need advertised then noobs would flock around like in other mods. He just is making a decent building contest since there haven't been any in a long time. Why not try and beat thermo at building?

I've beat thermo at building before. I rejected him from joining the BLBC because he wasn't up to the proper standards. Thermo is a TBM fanboy these days, and I'm just getting tired of hearing him spew this crap everywhere.

I'm tired of noobs spewing crap everwhere... but, thats not the point.

hmmm...

sounds interesting...

but no... thanks.. :)

hmmm...

sounds interesting...

but no... thanks.. :)

It's the mapping god!

By the way people, this is the real building tournament not the one that Kinex has... thats just a copy.

Yes, I know. Its a koinkydink that Kinex just so happened to post a Build Tourney, 4 days after this post. And never before. Makes you think.  :cookieMonster:

Do you guys seriously think Thermo "created" the idea of build contests in BL? You can't be serious! I remember when I joined in March there was an ongoing space build contest (the thread was even stickied). And I know that wasn't even the first on there had been.

Yes, I know. Its a koinkydink that Kinex just so happened to post a Build Tourney, 4 days after this post. And never before. Makes you think.  :cookieMonster:

Let me make it Clear that I in no way intended to "Copy" Mr. Hazard Man's idea. I had a meeting with the server admins, temp admins, and just admins of [SS] and one of rulings was to have a building contest of some sort soon (It was meant for last week but we didn't have time to prep so we moved it to this week). It just so happend that Mr. Hazard Man also came up of his idea before I had a chance to post about the contest on the Scattered Space server this saturday. If you are still paranoid and think I did it just to join the bandwagon feel free to check the "admin rulings" thread in the announcements section of the Scattered Space forums. Once again it was just by chance and it was by no means a way to "copy" Mr. Hazard Man's idea.

though you can believe what you want. I'm not forcing you to understand this.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2005, 09:52:27 PM by KINEX »

The first build contest in BL was a build contest to create a facsimile, in Blockland, of my penor ego.

Sadly, no one had enough bricks.  :cookieMonster:
« Last Edit: December 16, 2005, 10:07:57 PM by Luquado »

I never said thermo's was the first building competition, Mocheeze, and i never said that Kinex was copying. I just said that, its a coincidence, that thermo came out with a building competition 4 days b4, and then Kinex comes out with one, and never held one before.

In summary,

I never said it was the first building competition.

I never said Kinex was copying.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2005, 11:23:11 AM by RS^Capt.VenomAK »

ok lets just drop this, and im not spreding tbm crap, im not sure their still working on tbm, and most of the bl community thinks if u have tbm u have a virus.

lets just have a nice time building and see who wins.

oh and yea i was rejected from the BLBC but that was along time ago sure u can still out build me?