Author Topic: Help finding what hardware I have  (Read 730 times)

Rex

In order to get my computer running properly, I need to download some more drivers. The problem is, I don't know the name of the hardware pieces that the drivers are for. Help would be appreciated.

..................Ask GeekSquad

Rex

It's not that hard to find what hardware you have on your own computer; I just don't know how. :P

Try going to start > run > dxdiag

Rex

Doesn't provide the information I need. Any other suggestions?

What drivers are you trying to install?

Rex

PCI modem, ethernet adapter, network adapter. I get internet through a wireless USB thingy.

Rex

Bump; I desperately need help. This important because I believe it has to do with Blockland running slow on this computer.

start-settings-control panel-device manager
it MIGHT name a few of your things in there.

also the net drivers usually come on a motherboard install CD, or the standard reformat cd that comes with a store computer.

if its not on board ports and have their own card, and your missing the cd that came with them, use windows vista lol :\
vista tends to have/find those drivers for you. most times not even asking you to do so lol.

or physically look inside the comp itself to find the model names of the parts. if a main brand name can be found and not a specific model, it could still be good enough to use on a google search.