Author Topic: The Crystal Caves:Revised Edition  (Read 3122 times)

no, it isn't a USSR App this time,
and it still isnt finished.
however, i noticed that some of the comments said things like "i dunno whats going on in those pics" so i made some new ones, just so you could like my build more.
check it out!

by the way, the server's going to be up after i get these pics in hyar.

the cave is basically a lot of tunnels, connected by the "big room" which took 6 HOURS to make.

that last pic was me blending in.
this one,
not so much.

Huge lack of color outside of the crystals.

I still don't see what's going on. See, it looks nothing but a bunch of spam placed in a manner which induces a 'tunnel' design.
You certainly have the patience and persistence, you just need a bit more building practice. Try building smaller, more detailed builds first and then go for something big.

Huge lack of color outside of the crystals.
it makes them stand out.

I still don't see what's going on. See, it looks nothing but a bunch of spam placed in a manner which induces a 'tunnel' design.
You certainly have the patience and persistence, you just need a bit more building practice. Try building smaller, more detailed builds first and then go for something big.

what do you mean, "a bunch of spam"? i worked my fingers off to make that wall look rocky. even if i had used slopes, as you're implying, it probably would've taken an additional 12 hours and lagged my server to oblivion.

I wasn't implying that you should have used slopes, because that would still remain as nothing but spam. You could implemented a more interesting design. For example, take that ice cave build that the beta testers did. It's small and interesting. The layout is perfect IMO and they made it interesting to walk inside and around that cave.
One last note, no matter how hard you work on something that doesn't mean it's great.

Tell you what, I'll hope onto the server in a sec to get a better look.

- edit -
Can't seem to find your server, what's the name/password if it got one?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 09:40:17 PM by Vertzer »

The first picture looks like something Escher would make. I must admit though, the build has improved somewhat.

i'll host it now, its called felix's crystal caves+freebuild.

The first picture looks like something Escher would make. I must admit though, the build has improved somewhat.

haha, it's nearly the same, the pictures are just taken at different angles.

Server shows up as dead.
I'll come tomorrow if you're around and it's working.

Server shows up as dead.
I'll come tomorrow if you're around and it's working.

dang, i must not be doing something right.