Author Topic: its a trap!  (Read 1233 times)

sry if the topic name is ambiguous but I think it fits perfectly. now blockland is a building game aimed at ALL AGES right?

say theres a kid named "john" who has never been on a fourm. He buys blockland and regularly plays online. one day john finds about a new add-on named *insert name here* and likes it. he goes to the fourms but cant find it. THEN he posts in the help fourm to ask if anyone has seen it. from then on he is deemed king noob and is flamed into "fourm limbo" . :cookieMonster:

but the point is that the fourm and game don't fit together. the fourms are supposedly "serious stuff" and the game is not. mix and you get what I call a
NOOB TRAP
discuss?

discuss?
No thanks. Anyway, tell him to use the search button if you see the noob again

RTB will fix this with an ingame Mod Downloader.

discuss?
No thanks. Anyway, tell him to use the search button if you see the noob again

I think he was using the story as an example.

He does have a good point. Some people might have removed the link to their download (which might still be active) and someone might want to download it, but since they can't find the link, they ask the forum members. Which then, a few people nicely tell him "Its was removed". Others would probably say something like, "Its gone noob jeez stop posting this crap". For one, the person didn't know that the mod was removed and second, if you don't like seeing these type of topics/posts, ignore the damn things if you don't got something nice to say.

OMG!  My cousin! How did you find his picture?![size=0pt];)[/size]

The  :panda: gave it to us.