Author Topic: How Old Is Your Computer?  (Read 6386 times)

The one i play on: about 2 years old.  It first had Linux on it but it packed up and had a spaz every time you turned it on, so we installed XP.  It lags like hell cause' of lack of RAM.
Laptop: A scary 10 years old.
Other Work-In-Progress computer: 10 years old, but i'm going to revamp it.

The computer that I use:

I got the Mac "Cube" when it was new.

Just to give you an idea on the age:

20 gigabytes,hard drive.

And this is the computer I always use.

I put in new motherboard, dual core 6000+ processor, and new 500mhz(?) power supply in yesterday :D :D

Yea, I didn't know, all i knew was the 500... lol

It's a happy computer now with my 7950gx2 :D :D (and i don't have to worry about blowing the power supply

I put in new motherboard, dual core 6000+ processor, and new 500mhz(?) power supply in yesterday :D :D
thats a fast power supply thar, tape.

I'm guessing this computer is about 8 years old but that's a wild guess.

I had to update the video card to a Radeon ATI x1050. It HAD nvidia2 when it was built to give you an idea of how ancient it is. It has problems with a few of the newer games but it's definately good for Blockland. The CD drive broke about a year ago and a lose piece was causing a loud groaning noise. I replaced the 20 dollar CD drive and saved $50 dollars by diagnosing the computer myself. :cookieMonster:

My other computers are 6 and 4 years old. The 6 year old computers 2 hard drives both burned out at about the same time (crying shame). Good thing i backed up all the documents because that is the computer we use to print everything.

The four year old computer was having some power problems and would shut down whenever i was playing games that used advanced 3D graphics. I would have to unplug it from the power supply and plug it back in to turn on the computer again. I ended up taking it to a shop to see what was wrong with it. They in turn told me, "Nothing is wrong with it," and gave it back, having me cough up 50 bucks for running a stupid program that did nothing. A month later i decided to clean the PC really well. I ended up finding where all the dust had built up. I cleaned it out, and now the computer runs fine. Great. 50 bucks down the drain for something i could have done myself.

Sorry for such a long post, but its 1 in the morning and i'm bored, bored, bored.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2008, 01:16:47 AM by Kyle Brickalo »