Author Topic: Uh.  (Read 5180 times)

This is an actual directory on my computer:

Code: [Select]
C:\Program Files\Blockland\Add-Ons\Add-Ons\Add-Ons\Rot\Add-ons\shapes
Is it really that loving hard for people to figure out how to install an add-on?

Is it really that loving hard for people to figure out how to install an add-on?

Apparently so. That's why it's changing in v9.

How does it work then?

C:\Program Files\Blockland\Add-Ons\Add-Ons\Blockland\Blockland\Add-Ons\shapes

This one wins?
They put two blockland folders in a row along with another Add-Ons after that...
I now press esc once I see the Add-on in the wrong folder.

How does it work then?

In V9 all mods will remain in the .zip format. That means no extracting and no messing up.

What about particles? Just throw in the ones you're using?

How does it work then?

In V9 all mods will remain in the .zip format. That means no extracting and no messing up.
But if there in .zip I have to manully extract them!

How does it work then?

But if there in .zip I have to manully extract them!
No, no extraction necessary.

C:\Program Files\Blockland\Add-Ons\Add-Ons\Add-Ons\Rot\Add-ons\shapes\Add-Ons\Add-Ons\Add-Ons\Add-Ons\Add-Ons\Add-Ons\Add-Ons\Add-Ons\Add-Ons\Add-Ons\Add-Ons\Add-Ons\addon1

The above is not true but it is close to one i had to be forced to sit through while pissing off the admin while he says that I am the noob for not having it in the right directory.

It is necessary to put your stuff in the deepest add-ons folder you can find.  Thus eliminating the need to download stuff from noobs who don't know how to do it.  Of course, they will probably go farther.  So we will repeat the process until there is no possible way for the add-on folder pyramid to continue.

Yes, that would work, however, your add-ons folder will become like, over 4 GB.
A better solution would to just hit esc before you finish any downloads.

crap, double posted and in the wrong place. I had multiple tabs open and got confused

Oh, I've seen MUCH worse.
C:\Program Files\Blockland\Add-Ons\data\shapes\Add-Ons\Shapes\add-ons\Add-Ons\shapes\Add-Ons\Shapes\add-ons\shapes
WTF?

Oh, I've seen MUCH worse.
C:\Program Files\Blockland\Add-Ons\data\shapes\Add-Ons\Shapes\add-ons\Add-Ons\shapes\Add-Ons\Shapes\add-ons\shapes
WTF?
Doing it wrong..