Author Topic: Waypoints  (Read 3811 times)

I suggest that Waypoints be added. Press F5 to open the waypoint menu, and from tehre, you can add a waypioint, basicly it takes your current location, a desc., you add, and a small blip on the compass, and bam, on the compass, you will have the blips on your compass. Or maybe a little GPS (it IS fantasy)

Yea thats a good idea Tech. I get lost trying to find blue and red dyes.

You will have to be at the place, tehn mark, not just pick a place on the map.

Hmmm, I guess the location can be derived from the player X Y Z location, and a blip will relate to that location, but is the compass uhh, "smart" enough to be able to do that?

The compass only shows what way northis. This could be possible if Badspot added a radar of some sort.

Like BlueGreen's? Just antiquated though, and placed over the compass.

I... don't like the idea of maps, radar, or waypoints. I know that when they come out, I will be toggling them off. They make the game to easy, you know where everything is right off the start. It makes the whole idea of guiding someone somewhere obselete. And then there is the point that I could set waypoints that circumvent the entire map, eventually leading to where I want to go, the put on auto walk, and make myself a cup of tea and read something for a while. I believe the point of the game is to play it, not move everywhere you want.
If waypoints are going to be added, why not just stick in auto-matter transport systems? Its more efficient than having people stick locations everywhere, not as much stuff has to be computed.

Memorize the locations of everything. Its not that hard. Maps could be ok, but they could be seperate buyable items, and then you plug them together. But then what happens? Well, sort of like the various MMORPG's where you could "steal" books by copying the text out of them then sending it to your friends. People will open up the game, load their map. Press Print Screen, then post it somewhere.

I have my map right here, if you need a really clear map of everything.

And radar? Erm... I guess its a plug-in for that nice steel helmet, isn't it? I suppose it runs off of nuclear batteries, and never fails. It tells you where everything is, horses, players, even cloaked, items, etc. There is a visor bonus that installs auto-tracking systems and even fires at and kill players perfectly. It also allows you to see cloaked characters. And at night, everyone glows bright red.

Whats next, an item that plays the game for you, so now everyone has a gold sword, shield, and hook? Its no longer a reward for playing the game so much, that you have to work for. Its a commodity that everyone has.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2005, 09:30:01 AM by Wedge »

I... don't like the idea of maps, radar, or waypoints. I know that when they come out, I will be toggling them off. They make the game to easy, you know where everything is right off the start. It makes the whole idea of guiding someone somewhere obselete. And then there is the point that I could set waypoints that circumvent the entire map, eventually leading to where I want to go, the put on auto walk, and make myself a cup of tea and read something for a while. I believe the point of the game is to play it, not move everywhere you want.
If waypoints are going to be added, why not just stick in auto-matter transport systems? Its more efficient than having people stick locations everywhere, not as much stuff has to be computed.

Memorize the locations of everything. Its not that hard. Maps could be ok, but they could be seperate buyable items, and then you plug them together. But then what happens? Well, sort of like the various MMORPG's where you could "steal" books by copying the text out of them then sending it to your friends. People will open up the game, load their map. Press Print Screen, then post it somewhere.

I have my map right here, if you need a really clear map of everything.

And radar? Erm... I guess its a plug-in for that nice steel helmet, isn't it? I suppose it runs off of nuclear batteries, and never fails. It tells you where everything is, horses, players, even cloaked, items, etc. There is a visor bonus that installs auto-tracking systems and even fires at and kill players perfectly. It also allows you to see cloaked characters. And at night, everyone glows bright red.

Whats next, an item that plays the game for you, so now everyone has a gold sword, shield, and hook? Its no longer a reward for playing the game so much, that you have to work for. Its a commodity that everyone has.

Uh, you could just have a map that shows the terrain, thats realy all i want, since i know where everything is besides blue dyes.

Blue dyes are in the lake behind Port Town.

Ywa, but with waypoints, you actually have to be there, and they clutter your compass, so if you have many, eventually you cant see N W E or S.

Calm down Wedge, sheesh. No one says that this will actually be in the game. Only Badspot says, and he probably says, "I'm not taking any of these 'ice cream-ity' ideas from these morons on MY forum!" Not that I'm calling anyone here a moron, I'm just giving a rough example...oh forget it.

Hey, an auto-targeting spell might be a good weapon. Some kind of assassination spell that fires out a little ball of doom that seeks out the person you shot. It takes a lot of magic, and even requires HP to work, so you are a sitting duck after using it.
Yes, I have been in a ranting mood today. Probably because I'm bored.