Author Topic: Lego animating  (Read 4511 times)

I cant seem to download Windows Movie Maker for some reason. My automatic updates are on and it says to enable them which they are and still, nowt.

Have quicktime?

Might be able too

I have finally updated my comp. I should hopefully have Windows Move Maker by now. I'm gonna check it out now. I hope I have it

Have quicktime?

Might be able too

Dude, quicktime is a friggin' movie PLAYER, not MAKER.

Another problem.
I've made the title and stuff but the duration of each pic is too long.
How do I change the duration of each pic? I'm so close to finishing it and my bro is coming back from Donegal tomorrow.

It's still gayness. That's either from those old Jack Stone gayness sets, or... well... something new with gayness figures.
i think he is from some really old technic set, but i dunno, i just found him.

yes, he is

Another problem.
How do I change the duration of each pic? I'm so close to finishing it and my bro is coming back from Donegal tomorrow.

Wait are you using Windows Movie maker to animate? Bad idea, your making your own life more difficult.

If you want to do stop motion animation get a program dedicated to it. My brother used to have one that worked with his webcam, all he had to do was hit a button (or the spacebar) and the program would take a picture (AKA a frame). The program would later string all the frames together, compress it, ect. It even let you play the frames in order as you took them.

Lots of other cool features too like...

>Onion mode - made the previous frame appear as a translucent layer over the live video feed from the webcam so you can position your shots carefully and get a smooth animation
>FPS - a setting to choose how many frames are played per second, more FPS means smoother animation, but also more work.
>more I can't even remember.

I will try find out what the name of that program was, but in the mean time, try out those other programs people have suggested, they should all be alot easier than windows movie maker.

Another problem.

Wait are you using Windows Movie maker to animate? Bad idea, your making your own life more difficult.

If you want to do stop motion animation get a program dedicated to it. My brother used to have one that worked with his webcam, all he had to do was hit a button (or the spacebar) and the program would take a picture (AKA a frame). The program would later string all the frames together, compress it, ect. It even let you play the frames in order as you took them.

Lots of other cool features too like...

>Onion mode - made the previous frame appear as a translucent layer over the live video feed from the webcam so you can position your shots carefully and get a smooth animation
>FPS - a setting to choose how many frames are played per second, more FPS means smoother animation, but also more work.
>more I can't even remember.

I will try find out what the name of that program was, but in the mean time, try out those other programs people have suggested, they should all be alot easier than windows movie maker.
Yes I am using Windows Movie Maker. It's pretty easy to use and Im finished anyway. I just need to reduce each frame time to make it animate better. It's 42 mins long with default frame time. I really need help to reduce the frame time.

Grab each picture and drag one side just next to the other. That; or I think in options you can change the default length of Pictures. Set that to about 0.2 or so.

I cant find where I set the default time to. I need this done ASAP so I can hide it and stuff.

Bump for desperate help

This is what I do.
I shall put it in steps.
1. Get frametheif for the Mac. (If you do not have a Mac, use WMM)
2. This program has a 30 day trial. once those days are up, you can not use that program till you pay for it.
3. This program will accept video cameras or web cams.
4. Play around with this program before using it.
5. You may notice you cant play back your animation once your done. So go to  Frametheif/prefrences/replay. You will see a box that says "Enable replay" check that.
6. You can export this video to a Quicktime format. Go to eport then just click "Export to Qicktime"
7. If you want to put it on youtube, make your video into a DV format. then make it into a Quicktime format and burn it to a disc. If you have a windows XP, put the disc in the your XP and go to "Short cut to CD drive. Pull out your animation and put it on your desktop.
8. Next you have to get a video converter. I use Xilisoft Video Converter 3.
9. once you have that, go to the add tool and pick your animation. then go to the profile list at the bottom and search for the type of file it needs to be. (I use AVI files)
10. Once you are done with that, go to the Encode button and click it. you will see soemthing asking you about getting it, just hit later. Once your video is done uploading, save it to a file for your videos.
11. Go to youtube and pick your new AVI animation and you should have no problem getting it uploaded.
12. Once it says your video is public, sit back and enjoy.
This may be short but if you follow that tutorial up there, your results will come out like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zPts1CG4is

If you cant do the tutorial up there. Pay close attention to this video right here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gQc4-hW1LI