Author Topic: Linux Question  (Read 2824 times)

I want to uninstall ubuntu because i never use it, but last time i tried this i reformatted the partition and i had to reinstall it because GRUB was gone. 

any ideas

I thought linux users were supposed to be all high and mighty and extremely tech savvy...so much for that. May as well own a mac.

I thought linux users were supposed to be all high and mighty and extremely tech savvy...so much for that. May as well own a mac.
I am tech savvy, but I don't have much experience with linux, so I was hoping someone with some experience would help me.

is it on a partition or a diffrent hard drive

is it on a partition
yes

Got windows installed?

If you do use the disk manager to format the partition

is it on a partition
yes

Got windows installed?

thats what i did last time, i could boot after that because GRUB was gone so I couldn't select an operating system.

is it on a partition
yes

Got windows installed?

thats what i did last time, i could boot after that because GRUB was gone so I couldn't select an operating system.

[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="YOUR OS HERE" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

Right click my computer and go to advanced and click startup and recovery and click edit. it will be at the top. Remove anything that deals with ubuntu

Download the Gnome partitioning thing (.iso) and burn it to a disk. Then run it and delete the Ubuntu thing.

is it on a partition
yes

Got windows installed?

[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="YOUR OS HERE" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

Right click my computer and go to advanced and click startup and recovery and click edit. it will be at the top. Remove anything that deals with ubuntu
thats what comes up after i select windows in grub.  theres nothing regarding liunx in there

Download the Gnome partitioning thing (.iso) and burn it to a disk. Then run it and delete the Ubuntu thing.
link?

http://gparted.sourceforge.net/
that is already in linux.  i know how to reformat but when i do, my BIOS tries to load grub and it can't. anyone know how to switch to windows boot loader without reinstall?