Author Topic: SCAMMER (Silo1337)  (Read 5057 times)

I just got a PM from this guy asking for my entire blockland folder so that he could "see how I installed my add-ons."

He's probably trying to steal a blockland key.dat from someone, so if he PMed you too, just ignore the request.

Blockland's key.dat only works on one computer unless blockland has no internet access to see that it is a bad key.  If you try to use a key.dat from another computer, it will try to authenticate, fail, and then switch to demo mode.

Drama section much, or am I wrong?

Blockland's key.dat only works on one computer unless blockland has no internet access to see that it is a bad key.  If you try to use a key.dat from another computer, it will try to authenticate, fail, and then switch to demo mode.

As far as I know it should work on any computer, just not two at once.

Yeah, I forgot my key so I just copy/pasted the key.dat on my other computer and it worked.

Anyone who falls for this guy deserves to be scammed.

Yeah I got a message like this too.  Anyone messaging you with deserves a swift block.  Don't get fooled.

Me to i got a message from him then i had a argument with him then we became friends then i blocked him.

Edit: I might unblock him to just argue with him.

Not in my experience. I'm able to swap my key.dat to multiple computers on my home network and they all work just fine. Infact I had my Blockland folder shared over the network and my brother jacked my key.dat out of it and started playing on my Account.

Yep, got it.

Quote from: Silo1337
Yo man, I was curious, could you send me your "C:\Program Files\Blockland" folder? I wanted to see the add-ons you have and how to install them too. Thanks a lot!

Not in my experience. I'm able to swap my key.dat to multiple computers on my home network and they all work just fine. Infact I had my Blockland folder shared over the network and my brother jacked my key.dat out of it and started playing on my Account.
I used to have my Blockland on a flash drive and whenever I started up blockland from a different computer then I used it on last time I had to renter my key.  I would like an official word on this, because this puzzles me.

Hey Badspot! Can I have a copy of your Blockland and the engine files? I want to try it out b4 I buy it :3
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 04:54:10 PM by Peaceful War »

He'd never give you tho-oh wait hahaa, its a joke!! Hey everyone, this guy is a joker!

Tell us another one, funny man!

Yeah TSH Silo messaged me on aim asking about a key.dat

Yep, got it.

Quote from: Silo1337
Yo man, I was curious, could you send me your "C:\Program Files\Blockland" folder? I wanted to see the add-ons you have and how to install them too. Thanks a lot!
We fought, it was hilarious.