Author Topic: Film: Yellow Submarine  (Read 2838 times)

(Look it up on youtube if you haven't seen it)
Has anybody here seen it? It's a animated Beatles film from the mid 60's that has very trippy animation that may have taken ages to do.
I loved that film, Good times :D

Best film evar.

Lucy in the sky with diamonds was so colorful, and yet the Beatles looked nothing like themselves in the cartoon.

I have the whole movie as an Mpg on my memory stick, Might give it out to people but that would be like using a torrent D:

I mean yeah, why go download something that's Illegal. I'd never do that.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 04:06:58 PM by Swholli »

Ive got a hole in my pocket! :D

I had that when I was a little kid, was an awesome movie.
It was what got me into classic rock in general.

Ahh, I remember watching this nearly 20 times when I was little. It was great. Made my head ache a few times though.

'Where are we?'
'I dunno, it looks like the foothills.'
'The foothills of what?'
'The foothills of the headlands.'

http://youtube.com/watch?v=A7F2X3rSSCU

*shudder

a guys gotta be high JUST to get through that movie lol

Lucy in the sky with diamonds was so colorful

Just in case you didn't know what the song was really about.

Wrong, it isnt.

Pretty sure the song Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds was about LSD. Don't tell me you are a furry-hater and a Beatles fan?

Actually that turned out to be a complete coincidence. John Lennon even went back through all the previous Beatles songs to that date to see if there were any more like that, it turned out to be the only one. Lucy In the Sky with Diamonds was simply a title derived from his son Jules, when coloring with crayons came up to his dad with a picture, when asked what it was he said: "it's lucy in the sky, and with diamonds". After that him and Paul went together to the studio writing verse after verse of weird but colorful verses, later adding a "psychedelic" tune to it all. Whether or not they were doing LSD at the time however is a complete mystery, though in an inter view in 1972 Paul did admit to "trying" it in the late 60's.

"Let's see the forgeters figure this one out."

"Let's see the forgeters figure this one out."

Well as we all know the Walrus was Paul.