Author Topic: Scammer/Glitch  (Read 2594 times)

The glitch(im thinking): Someone named DuckII logged in and ran in front of me, completely nude. I got out my baton and took a swing at him and it said police brutality. I tryed again after I waited about a minute.... still police brutality. Everytime I got nude it only took one time of it saying *You have comitted a crime* to become a criminal.

The scammer: Someone named United Bank of Poland asked a friend of mine if he wanted to buy a golden sword from him for only 1000 gold. He accepted and they ran away from town to do the trade. They were talking in global chat so I could see everything they said. Soon they had a arguement about whos dropping first and Poland won. I got distracted from the talk and I looked back up to see what was going on and clavaton(the one getting scammed) kept saying drop the sword. He never dropped the sword and clavaton soon got over it. Later on, someone named TrUeSkIlL also got scammed, except Poland was going to give him a sword for 5000 gold. Trueskill never got the sword... even though I was telling him that he should not do it. Once he got scammed he started freaking out and spamming and cussing. He was just going nuts.

Just wanted to let you guys know about these things.

Who cares if you got scammed, its their fault they are lame enough to even trade in a game without a trading system yet.

Base it off  of honesty.

Seriously, ill be brutally honest, if you drop gold in front of me, I'll pick it up and not give you the item. What are you gonna do? Call the cops?

There needs to be a contract or something. Both traders sign the document, then they drop the items. If someone else comes along and tries to take the items, they get demerits. Could be more trouble then it should be, but it prevents false trading.

There needs to be a contract or something. Both traders sign the document, then they drop the items. If someone else comes along and tries to take the items, they get demerits. Could be more trouble then it should be, but it prevents false trading.

Trading will be made by some point, so there will be no need to do this as nobody will get scammed at all :D

I generally trade with people I trust.
Now with Moogle's little antics, I'm going to kill anyone in the vacinity when I get around to trading. I've had people come and take gold before, so now I am going to drop a small amount before hand, and see if they pick it up. Finally, I'll organize trades over an IM  program.

Okay this is Kibbel on my friend's account.

I have a solution for trading.

Trading Horse for 400gp

The two people trading get away from other players. They stand a distance apart, a fair distance, not too far, not too close. Then they both drop their items and run at the other item that the player dropped. You must be close enough to see if the item that was dropped.
The only problem with that is the person dropping the money could drop a smaller amount then they agreed for.

That's my solution.

I know that glitch. It's some stupid thing that you eventually lose your "wrongdoing codes" like (all caps) and (Public nuditiy) for some reason. It's pretty easy to exploit if your a cop.

Badspot

• Administrator
I know that glitch. It's some stupid thing that you eventually lose your "wrongdoing codes" like (all caps) and (Public nuditiy) for some reason. It's pretty easy to exploit if your a cop.

What are you talking about?  Explain. 

Ok. Make an account, wait 2 hours, become a cop, go get naked somewhere hidden (blacksmith shop's corner, or the chiminey), wait until the server stops telling you are a criminal (Public nuditiy), then go find a good criminal, be crafty, and catch him, put him in jail and TA DA! you now can be naked with no consequence. I think the code gets stripped away or overloaded or something.

P.S. Sorry if that was hard to read

Badspot

• Administrator
Um.. except that you would lose your cop status after you went over 150 demerits, so it would be pretty hard to catch a criminal.  And even if you did catch the criminal, you would still have 985 demerits, and they would go right back up to 1000 in about 30 seconds.  I just don't see how this glitch could work. 

So thats what public service points do! I was wondering what they did... So could I get -250 demerits from arresting enough people? Then I could spend them like credit.

Badspot

• Administrator
you cant go under zero

i always love my community and service points. wonder if i could get my teachers to buy into me doing it? :P