Author Topic: I'm stuck. :(  (Read 1755 times)

Ok, I have a Toshiba laptop that I always use because it can handle hl2 and all of those epic games that I play including Gmod. It has been crashing a lot on ep2 games, and runs a little slower on games I used to play all the time. The hard drive is also being filled up by hidden files that are hard to get rid of.

I noticed that the video card drivers are from 2005, so I figured I would update them. I went to the website of my vendor, and found the drivers I needed. It would not update the drivers because it apparently was not for my hardware/os, and yes, I am 100% sure that I chose the right card and operating system.

Point across, is that my drivers will remain from the year 2005 and will continue to crash. Now comes that part that really pisses me off. This last Christmas, I got a new Compaq that had a better everything than my laptop. I installed all of my games, and with source games, I get around 2 fps, and in UNREAL TOURNAMENT, AN OLD ASS GAME THAT ANY COMPUTER BUILT IN THE LAST 7 YEARS CAN HANDLE, I get 15-20 fps. What the forget. It wasn't faulty drivers either, because they have been updated.

My dad refuses to upgrade my current computers or buy another one, because in his view, I can play games, and he doesn't need to fix what isn't broken. loving both computers are "broken." Looks like I will be Xbox'ing it up.

Oh, also, I have a computer that can handle hl2 without the crashes and etc at my mom's house, but my mom doesn't like me playing games with blood and all that stuff.

I NEED OUT OF THIS MESS NOW. :(

Advice pls, as I am stuck playing Vice City and goldsource games.

Reformat the toshiba laptop.
Don't use the compaq laptop.

I'm planning on reformatting the Toshiba. But if that cleans out the drivers too, then I will have no drivers and I will be forgeted, because the driver update wont work. If i'm lucky, the driver updates will work after the format. Also, the compaq is a desktop, which is why I want to use it more.

Steal the puter from your moms house and bring it to your dads.

TF2 was crashing for me too.

I defragged and was all set.

Steal the puter from your moms house and bring it to your dads.

I wish.

TF2 was crashing for me too.

I defragged and was all set.
Do that, and then if that doesn't work go ahead and reformat.

laptops are pain in ass. because frikin drivers aren't ever generic. they want you to use the stupid reformat CD that came with it
you need to find yourself sound and ethernet drivers and test them our before you reformat.
pop them on a USB

vista is nice because its finds drivers for you (assuming you can at least connect to the net)

The Compaq has vista but it is the stuff one that runs CSS at 2 frames.

The Toshiba is just getting forgeted with age. I just want it formatted, so if it forgets up because of the format, my dad will have to get me a video card for my compaq.

Lol, nice way around rules :D

Make a backup of the 2005 driver, just incase.

Yeah, I might put it on a usb or something.

Hah, I think the only options I have are:

A: Ask my dad what it is that I have to do to get something that can handle my games.

B: Ask my dad for some sort of income (allowance) or if he can find me a job.