Author Topic: Osht my computer is crapped up. Help?  (Read 1207 times)

It all goes back to Sunday.

Sunday:
I got on the computer to check the forums and to play Blockland a bit then play Day of Defeat. It was all going fine. No problems nothing, everything ran smooth.

Monday: I got on to do the same as Sunday. I scrolled through the forums for an hour then got a PM to go to some server that was full of Lul's on Blockland so I Lol'd on that server for an hour. Then I went to some random server, but then DUN DUN it happened. Blockland CRASHED while loading. So I was like Lolthatnoobsucksatsavingaddon s. So I went back to the server I was previously on. No go. I crashed during the Loading Object screen. D:

I then turned to Day of Defeat for awhile. I went into some server and started playing and then DUN DUN it happened again. It crashed. D:

Tuesday-Present time: Same thing as monday except now both my games freeze my computer, which then I have to keep my computer off for an hour or so for it to work again. I know your going to say, "It's overheating." But I know it's not. It's not hot in the back of the tower and it's not making all the noises a overheating computer does.

So I ask.

Halp?
Oh by the way. The reason I put this in Off-Topic, is because it pertains to other things then Blockland (Help) and the Games section is Spammed up with so many Help topics I did not want to add any to it that is lucky to be read once.

If you don't want to weed out the exact problem I would just give a shot at reinstalling both.

I'll try that. I have no idea why I have not thought of that?

BL crashes me so I just stopped playing.

Do you use a laptop?

"It's overheating."

No, seriously, it is. If it's overheating, it's most likely going to be your CPU or your GPU, not the back of the tower. I've had experience with overheating, in fact I had a graphics card get fried. No sounds were ever made.

All you can do is hope it's not too late, and your CPU/GPU isn't fried. Invest is a better fan and/or heatsink for your CPU.
If it is fried, get a new one. If it was the CPU, invent in a case with a thermometer, or a motherboard that shuts down if the temp gets too high. If it was the GPU, get a video card that has a fan on it, instead of just a heatsink. When my graphics card was fried, I could run Synergy ok.

In the meantime, try running a source game in DirectX 8.0, 7.0, or 5.1. Right click the game in your Steam games list, click properties, and click set launch options. Type in -dxlevel 80, -dxlevel 70, or -dxlevel 51, and try starting that. However, some games like TF2 lag like forget with DX8, and every character model is completely white.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 08:20:13 PM by Headcrab Zombie »

Do you use a laptop?

No.

Quote from: Klayboxx
not hot in the back of the tower

@Headcrab

Thanks for that. It may be overheating, and I will try that last bit. I'm going to Copy your post into a word document for future reference.