Author Topic: Map Repeats itself  (Read 717 times)

I made a Map, but when i fly away i see my same map again. And it just keeps going and going. I want it where its just Water. Is there a way to get rid of repeat or at least Extend it?

I asked about this in the past and remember someone saying something about this problem being fixed in V9, but they could have just been trying to get my hopes up.

Yeah I think someone who thinks map repeating is being removed in V9 is just a moron jumping on the "LETS POST IN TOPICS SAYING 'it will be fixed in v9. lock now' ABOUT EVERYTHING" bandwagon

I remember seeing one or 2 articles on the garagegames resource center pages which had ways of stopping the terrain block repetition. Both of them were kind of hacky and resulted in flat terrain outside of the map area.

I can't remember if they required engine alterations or just a line or 2 of code in the mission file. I'll see what I can dig up.

EDIT:

http://www.garagegames.com/index.php?sec=mg&mod=resource&page=view&qid=5553  <-- This one requires engine changes and places water across the map.

I also keep hearing about a repeat value which should already be included as part of the terrain file. Perhaps setting it to "false" will disable terrain repetition. Unlikely though.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2008, 11:37:45 AM by Reactor Worker »