Author Topic: OS Ups and Downs  (Read 2198 times)

Macs turn people into stupid, arrogant hippies afraid of Microsoft just because they want you to download updates that HELP PROTECT YOUR COMPUTER or are too stupid to use one.

Macs are for people who can't figure out stuff, like turning on the simple power button that just about a 2 year old could probably figure out and do.

Windows is for smart people who know how to do stuff, like CODING or KNOWING HOW TO USE A COMPUTER PROPERLY. I'm so fed up with this Mac bullstuff about Windows being too complicated, it's only because people who blabber this bullstuff are too stupid to realize they can't run Vista with an old Pentium 2 Processor, 256 MB RAM, and some graphics card made by a company that went bankrupt about 12 years ago.

Ubuntu/Linux? I don't really care, but I hate the majority of the community endorsing Ubuntu/Linux in every chance they get.

IMO, SuSe Linux FTW. Penguin Tux Racer is winar.

On another note, Macs scare me. I'm a programmer and my biggest fear is that by the time I am old enough and knowledgeable enough to became a professional programmer more than 2% of the Shareholders will be using Macs. Why? Because lets say I make an application. If I wanted to distribute this to everyone, I'd not only need to spend my time programming the Application for Windows, but then I'd either need to pass it on to a coworker for compatibility work, or spend another great deal of time manually configuring the Macintosh version.

If Mac somehow makes a magical revolutionary way to activate EXEs without that 'bootcamp' bullforget, then I wont give a stuff about what Operation System you use. However, until then, forget everyone who uses Apple's stuff.
So you want to be a professional programmer who isolates themselves into learning only one method of programming? What a crock of bullstuff. I've had many friends who have gone to college for Computer Science and you have to learn a lot about computer programming in general along with specific languages and methods. If you plan to be a real professional you'll need to go out of your comfort zone sometimes. Fortunately any CS course worth a damn will have you learning many different styles so maybe it won't seem so scary once you get there. 

I'd join in on this lovely discussion but I don't like to be Annoying Orangeed by rare, obscure examples of exceptions to the general rule.

Sweet baby Jesus, I loving hate the word fanboy.