Author Topic: OS Ups and Downs  (Read 2191 times)

I'm making a top ten list of the ups of major operating systems.

Windows:
Ups:
Free addictive games
Largest number of users
Downs:
Bad company support

Ubuntu:
Ups:
Free
Includes Wine for Compatibility
Includes all the basic junk that you need to buy for Windows
Fast
Great Support
Downs:
Takes forever to get (Download or order)

Mac OS X:
Ups:
Fast
User friendly (Compared to Windows and Ubuntu (My dad wouldn't yell about it :P))
Boot Camp
Downs:
Requires iMac
Compatibility

You guys think of more, cause I'm bored, and I like random lists, suggest OS's too.

It never took me too long to download Ubuntu.

Windows:
Ups:
Free addictive games
Largest number of users
Downs:
Bad company support

Free games - Besides solitaire, I find this a load of crap. I'd rather play pinball with the buttons on the other end. I'm a fan for the ol' stand up Pinball, and that's where pinball should stay.

Largest number of users... Nevermind I have to hand you that one.

Windows also has compatibility for all of the great games I play today. While, Blockland being the only one that can run on a Mac, and even an outdated version at that.

inb4/OS wars.

Mac is a piece of stuff. The only people who use Macintosh's are those who believe ever shred of bullstuff that other handicap mac users feed them and buy into that "macs are cool guys el oh el" stuff.

And Windows has an INCREDIBLY large help support database. However, I've never needed to use it because everything on Windows is straight forward.

As for Linux, who gives a stuff?

On another note, Macs scare me. I'm a programmer and my biggest fear is that by the time I am old enough and knowledgeable enough to became a professional programmer more than 2% of the Shareholders will be using Macs. Why? Because lets say I make an application. If I wanted to distribute this to everyone, I'd not only need to spend my time programming the Application for Windows, but then I'd either need to pass it on to a coworker for compatibility work, or spend another great deal of time manually configuring the Macintosh version.

If Mac somehow makes a magical revolutionary way to activate EXEs without that 'bootcamp' bullforget, then I wont give a stuff about what Operation System you use. However, until then, forget everyone who uses Apple's stuff.

And Windows has an INCREDIBLY large help support database. However, I've never needed to use it because everything on Windows is straight forward.
I do fully agree on this. Even when I had a problem, it was easily fixed. A computer is a computer, not a god damn universal media player. All the 'good' things I hear about macs are crap like iTunes, and other crappy stuff with that new Leopard OS. I also hate the desktop layout on a mac, I think it's terrible. But then again, (forget what weapons they are)'s sounds are also terrible (No I'm not saying they are too loud, I just don't like them.), but everyone else seems to like them too.
However, no matter what you say, there are many people you cannot convince unless you have god himself come down and beat them down with a wooden club while trying to convince them.

inb4/OS wars.

Mac is a piece of stuff. The only people who use Macintosh's are those who believe ever shred of bullstuff that other handicap mac users feed them and buy into that "macs are cool guys el oh el" stuff.

On another note, Macs scare me. I'm a programmer and my biggest fear is that by the time I am old enough and knowledgeable enough to became a professional programmer more than 2% of the Shareholders will be using Macs. Why? Because lets say I make an application. If I wanted to distribute this to everyone, I'd not only need to spend my time programming the Application for Windows, but then I'd either need to pass it on to a coworker for compatibility work, or spend another great deal of time manually configuring the Macintosh version.

If Mac somehow makes a magical revolutionary way to activate EXEs without that 'bootcamp' bullforget, then I wont give a stuff about what Operation System you use. However, until then, forget everyone who uses Apple's stuff.
You're in before it, and start it?  You are a true idiot.

Readers Digest got hold of some statistics, and according to them, 'Mac Users are snobby and arrogant'.

Reeaders Digest ftw.

It's frickin computer software, use what works best for your needs. People get so defensive and bitchy about their precious OS it's sickening.

I use my Windows desktop for gaming(only choice really)
My MacBook Pro for mobile computer friendry.
Linux for my security camera PCs.

*Gasp* I use them all on a regular basis!

Excuses me, ubuntu is easy to get. there are no downs. apart from lack of exe's

but thats linux.

It just takes a long time.

I'd rather use a Windows than any Mac or anything. I mean there are already alot of nice computers in the world so why did they make another? I use a Windows XP.

I'd rather use a Windows than any Mac or anything. I mean there are already alot of nice computers in the world so why did they make another? I use a Windows XP.
Urge to troll rising...must resist.

Also Mac OS was released before Windows and both companies were formed within a year of each other. There were also tons of OSs before those and after. Needs and expectations are constantly changing in the world of computer technology, and software needs to keep up with those.

Thats just like saying that Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo shouldn't make games because someone else did.

inb4/OS wars.

PS: I am a fanboy. Everything I say can't be trusted due to heavy bias.

I agree with you completely.