Author Topic: ITT: Ted Nugent.  (Read 1874 times)

Ted Nugent is amazing. He's a rock star, an outdoorsmen, and a Hunting Enthusiast. One of my heroes. He was from Michigan, and was the pride of the state. (Sorry, KISS)
He's cool because he acts like a Normal dude, he just has fun with everything he does. In-fact, he used to own and run a shop in Jackson(?), called "The Call of the Wild", and my father had the pleasure of meeting him there. We own hunting land in Jackson, so it was really cool. I never got to go there, because he packed up and moved to Texas once the state got forgeted up, which sucked.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jackson,_Michigan
He still owns a Hunting Ranch there called Sunrize Acres:
At Sunrize Acres he personally guides customers on a hunt...
I don't believe he STILL does that, but he was cool to, when he did.

Ted hosts a show called "Spirit of the Wild", in which he takes normal people out to Hunt, and the challenge is that they can only eat what they kill. Funny stuff. He gives them shotguns, and hunts with a modified M16.
And another show:
In 2003, he was host of the VH1 reality television program called Surviving Nugent in which city dwellers such as model Tila Tequila moved to Nugent's Michigan ranch in order to survive such "backwoods" activities as building an outhouse and skinning a boar. The success of the two-hour show spawned a four-part miniseries in 2004 entitled Surviving Nugent: The Ted Commandments. This time it was filmed on Nugent's ranch in China Spring, Texas. During filming, Nugent injured himself with a chainsaw, requiring 44 stitches and a leg brace.

Even more awesome is how much he hates PETA. In-Fact (Awesome Story) Outside of a Department store, Bhaskar Sinha tried (keyword) to assault Ted. Ted responded by taking him into Custody until the Police arrived.
He's gotton numerous death threats to him and his family from PETA extremists, and was on penn & Teller's show: Bullstuff!, talking about PETA as well.
"anyone who thinks hunting is terrible can kiss my ass."

Ted Nugent is VERY Anti-Drug, and Anti-Alcohal, and has never had a drop of Alcohal in his entire life. Go Ted!

He still Plays too.
Modern day Ted:

In '06 He was running for Governer of Michigan, but dropped out, but stated that he may return in 2010. I hope so, and I hope somone kills Granholm by then.
Today, he lives near George W. Bush's Ranch, and during a Private Ingural party, Bush noticed ted, and swept passed all of the Tightasses to give Ted a hug, ecstatic about his presence. Who wants to talk about Presedential stuff WHEN TED NUGENT ENTERS THE PARTY!
Furthermore, he suported Huckabee (forget yeah), and in response to McCain:
"John McCain seems to be catering to a growing segment of soulless Americans who could care less what they can do for their country, but whine louder and louder about what their country must do for them. That is both un-American and pathetic."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Nugent

I hope one day Ted will come back to Michigan so I can meet him during the Hunting Season.
The Nuge, all the way.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 02:29:15 PM by yuki »

Hay i live in Michigan :<

Pure awesome.

I still think anorexic band dictators are all the rage.

Ted is the best, I've seen him once in concert and it was the best concert I've ever been to so far. I wanted to see him two other times, but things came up. He has awesome music, an awesome personality, and he... well he's just awesome. I live in Michigan also, but I liked him even before I knew he was from and has a place in Michigan.

Random Info:
He once went on an African Safari sort of hunt, but while he was there, a civil war had broken out. The airports and everything were taken over. So, he had help from some natives (they thought it was really cool how he was hunting these big animals with a bow and arrow) and they ran for 3 days, eating what they found on the run. They finally got to a private landing strip and a plane doing some sort of taxiing. They sort of "hijacked" the plane and flew to Cairo, Egypt. From there he flew to America, got a helicopter, and landed backstage in a concert he was putting on like 10 minutes before it started. That's pretty crazy.

Random Info:
He once went on an African Safari sort of hunt, but while he was there, a civil war had broken out. The airports and everything were taken over. So, he had help from some natives (they thought it was really cool how he was hunting these big animals with a bow and arrow) and they ran for 3 days, eating what they found on the run. They finally got to a private landing strip and a plane doing some sort of taxiing. They sort of "hijacked" the plane and flew to Cairo, Egypt. From there he flew to America, got a helicopter, and landed backstage in a concert he was putting on like 10 minutes before it started. That's pretty crazy.
Needs a movie to illustrate just how awesome that is.

ted is catching up to chuck norris, imho.